• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from Wisconsin

II Funny

Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
2262FF99-5E14-4AF4-AB1C-EA0B684894D9.jpeg
958A28B9-A4BF-442D-BA4B-6DD9089C03E4.jpeg
I’m a recently converted Chevy guy and I do not have a B-body, but most of my searches lead me here, so I decided to join. I have 1948 Plymouth coupe with a wedge and an A-833 and a Dana 60. I’m trying to build it like it would have been on or before 1964. I hope to steal some knowledge so I don’t cost myself a bunch of wasted time and money!

Good enough! :) Welcome from Indiana. Nice looking car! We were at a show this summer and saw some 49-50 dodge trucks. My wife decided that's what she wants! :)

welcome to FBBO sweet looking Plymouth keep us posted on your progress

Thanks fellas...

Under what section is a guy supposed to ask for identification of an A833 trans? I just picked up a transmission, competition plus shifter, bellhousing and scartersheild, and I’m wondering if they were all from the same car?

The bellhousing and inspection cover to the best of my knowledge is a 1964 stage III max wedge “steel”. I just don’t know how to tell what the trans came from, other than 65/65 B-body.

AFC7F4AF-EE8F-4DFE-B9C3-84FD3961B708.png
I didn’t know what I had until I got home. I was just looking for a trans for my Plymouth. The add said aftermarket cast steel bellhousing. I was assuming an Ansen, RC, or wedge engineering not a factory one...here’s the add.

Welcome from NY. Great looking project.
I hate to break it to you, but most of us here like to waste our time and money.
It's part of the hobby.
Just kidding...

cool build, like the 48 Plymouth & build style
keeping it all MoPar

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome aboard!! Very cool old beastie you have there.

The Search key (little magnifying glass up by the top of the page) can be your best friend. Go straight to More and you'll not only save typing but be able to sort the results by date, especially helpful when looking at the Classifieds.

Hurst has this chart, though it's kind of hard to read on my little screen. Hopefully yours is on it. You will get more on point help with IDing the other stuff by posting to the appropriate sub forum than here in the Welcome lobby.

Enjoy the place, and keep us posted on your progress.

Attachments

• 4_Speed_Transmission_Identification_ID_Chart(1).PDF
    157.5 KB · Views: 104
welcome from that sunny side called az

Auto Transport Service
Back