• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie joining in the fun

Martin HL

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Well, Hello from Armstrong BC Canada.
Just picked up my first (well, apart from campers and our daily transport Journey R/T) Dodge play thing. Had it a week so heavily in the honeymoon period which is why it’s been getting lots of loving. Oh yer, it’s a 74 Charger SE 440.
It has been up until the last couple of months a Vancouver Island car all its life and now resides in the sunny North Okanagan. Got about 30 hours into the polishing to make it look like it should. The centre section of the vinyl roof is missing and was sprayed with an imitation lookalike stuff and overspray from that was on the glass and all paint surfaces. Buffing didn’t budge it. It literally had to be carefully shaved off with a one edge safety razor. Pretty much all the micro scratches from that polished out, now feels soooo smooth after polish and wax. I also found the build sheet under the back seat floor insulation too which thrilled me no end. All my previous cars have been fat fendered vehicles so this is a big change styling wise for me so yet to see how that works out. We all like pics soooo, here’s some pics. One of the few Previous owners added weird blackout “stuff” over the headlights, tail lights and side markers, have to get that off some how me thinks. Anyway, Tada .

IMG_9143.jpeg

IMG_9145.jpeg

IMG_9147.jpeg

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_9152.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

IMG_9159.jpeg

Well, Hello from Armstrong BC Canada.
Just picked up my first (well, apart from campers and our daily transport Journey R/T) Dodge play thing. Had it a week so heavily in the honeymoon period which is why it’s been getting lots of loving. Oh yer, it’s a 74 Charger SE 440.
It has been up until the last couple of months a Vancouver Island car all its life and now resides in the sunny North Okanagan. Got about 30 hours into the polishing to make it look like it should. The centre section of the vinyl roof is missing and was sprayed with an imitation lookalike stuff and overspray from that was on the glass and all paint surfaces. Buffing didn’t budge it. It literally had to be carefully shaved off with a one edge safety razor. Pretty much all the micro scratches from that polished out, now feels soooo smooth after polish and wax. I also found the build sheet under the back seat floor insulation too which thrilled me no end. All my previous cars have been fat fendered vehicles so this is a big change styling wise for me so yet to see how that works out. We all like pics soooo, here’s some pics. One of the few Previous owners added weird blackout “stuff” over the headlights, tail lights and side markers, have to get that off some how me thinks. Anyway, Tada .

View attachment 1653852

View attachment 1653853

View attachment 1653854

View attachment 1653855

View attachment 1653856

View attachment 1653857

View attachment 1653858
Sweet ride!!! Welcome from the Garden State!
IMG_4630.gif
IMG_4629.gif
IMG_4625.gif
IMG_4626.gif
IMG_4620.gif
IMG_4621.gif
IMG_4617.gif
IMG_4619.gif
IMG_4599.gif
IMG_4623.gif

Congratulations on your new acquisition and . . .

Welcome (3)f.jpg

Enjoy the ride!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Martin. It is always nice to see another Canuckian on the Forum. Nice looking Charger SE. The chrome Magnum 500's really set it off! A friend off mine had saved up to buy a new '73 Corvette. He finally ordered it, and waited for it to be delivered. 1973 turned into 1974, and my friend still did not have his Corvette, with no firm date of delivery. Meanwhile, another fellow I knew was a salesman at the local Dodge Store. In the spring of 1974, he was able to order a demonstrator to drive for the year. His main concern was to have a new car with air conditioning, which was still not that common here at the time. To make sure he would have A/C in the summertime, he ordered himself a Charger SE with so many options, and so expensive that he was sure that no one would buy it out from under him. After the new Charger was delivered to the dealership, my friend that had a Corvette on order spotted it. He went in to check it out, and ended up buying it. Even with all the options, it was still cheaper than the Corvette he had on order! My salesman friend was a little pi$$ed, but ordered another replacement.
I have never been a big fan of this generation of Charger, but Ken's new SE was beautiful. I think the only options it did not have were sunroof and 440 engine. His had a 400 instead. The car was triple black, with leather interior. The A/C the salesman wanted blew nice and cold.

Welcome from Alabama, nice Charger. The side markers will probably be more economical to replace rather than the hours needed to clean them.

A nice clean 74 Charger SE 440 it is too

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Nice Charger,welcome to the site! I fixed my side marker light issue!

20171102_074610.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back