• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie needs insight

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Working on my recently acquired 67 Coronet RT. It had headers and of course they were leaky. I purchased a set of 67 hp manifolds and purchased an attaching hardware kit to make it go smooth. My question is with the hardware kit, do the shouldered nuts also use a washer that is not included in the kit? Seems like they bottom out before the nut comes close to the manifold. Any ideas?

I thought the holes in the manifolds were drilled straight through. I didn't realize the holes that accept the tube nuts have a shoulder in them that the tube nut tightens against. No problem after all.

A washer is the easiest way just install a good one grade 8. Do not over tighten your studs they will brake off very easily.just take . By the way the studs should have some sealant on them they hold back the anti freeze good luck

The end studs go into the water jacket. Seal them with Teflon pipe sealer.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back