• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newest issue with my 65 Belvedere. This thing is possessed

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
Thank you to all the good advice on my 1406 Edelbrock issues. The newest issue is now the fuel pump. It's stock and less that 2 years old. Already starting to give me problems. Sometimes the clear plastic fuel filter is empty and the pressure will dip below 2 psi. I decided on the Edelbock fuel pump. A lot more money but I hope it lasts AND I can rebuild it if necessary. In my other post I did the whole pressure regulator with pressure gauge. Edelbrock says that it isn't needed for their fuel pumps because they are calibrated at 6 psi. After I install it, the pressure reads 10+ psi. WTF? Thankfully I had the regulator already set up and brought it down to 5.5 psi. Thanks Edelbrock for that quality control. If I had taken the setup off I would have been back to square one. Just a little rant.

As people said in the previous thread about your carb, you cannot trust any quality control these days. A few people stated that the pumps can put out more than the rated pressure and sadly that's a reality. As much as some tried to belittle and bully forum members suggestions as wrong & to see it "their way", I agree, good thing you had it set up with that regulator.

:thumbsup:

What engine? Big block or small block? If big block check your fuel pump rod make sure its not worn down. Common issue with todays fuel pump push rods.

I would be checking the fuel line, tank to pump:
- is the line rusty inside
- is the fuel sock blocked with debris
- etc

I would be checking the fuel line, tank to pump:
- is the line rusty inside
- is the fuel sock blocked with debris
- etc
I've gone through the whole fuel system. Cleaned tank and sending unit and new stainless steel fuel lines.

Auto Transport Service
Back