• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Oil

Wow... I thought the big fat guy was going to jump around like a little girl until he pissed his pants! These guys are as bad as WhistlinDiesel. I guess I just don't get the attraction for this crap.

Momma always says, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest!!!

Three stooges (2).jpg

With the availability, or rather lack thereof, of parts, and these tards are intentionally blowing **** up. The last two motors (GM350's) that needed a crank; no reground cranks were available. One I had ready to go as the customer abandoned it, and the other, we got a new crank as it was cheaper in the long run.

It is surprising what a terrible quality split there can be between the same people directed under a different production company.

This is the same dyno firm (Westech Performance) featured on Engine Masters - also a Motor Trend production (though produced in house, not subcontracted). It is amazing how this cheapie subcontracted video makes Holdner look like a fool (he isn't), and diminishes the brilliance of dyno operator Steve Brulé.

By comparison, here's a clip from Engine Masters. Brulé is on this show, and Holdner has subbed for him at times. An actual intelligent show built around the dyno (and in this case, about making cheapish power from Mopar mills):

This one is also relevant:

Last edited:
Wow, videos like this are truly made for 8 year-old brains.

I was at the Street Machine Nationals many years ago. The put a rice burner in the middle of a hoarse coral, drained the oil, and put a cinder block on the gas pedal. It was going to be a "show" of an engine exploding. That rice burner ran, without any oil, until the thing ran out of gas....seriously...probably 10-15 min WOT without any oil.

I was at the Street Machine Nationals many years ago. The put a rice burner in the middle of a hoarse coral, drained the oil, and put a cinder block on the gas pedal. It was going to be a "show" of an engine exploding. That rice burner ran, without any oil, until the thing ran out of gas....seriously...probably 10-15 min WOT without any oil.

As someone who appreciates good engineering regardless of what country it comes from or how many cylinders it has - what a wonderfully ironic outcome.

It's as if the engineers knew it was going to happen and designed the engine to flip the proverbial middle finger to those who can't appreciate it.

-Kurt

There have been contests before where a junkyard mill is put to the test to see whose engine will last the longest.
I’d put money on a slant six or 318 over a Chevy 350.

There have been contests before where a junkyard mill is put to the test to see whose engine will last the longest.
I’d put money on a slant six or 318 over a Chevy 350.

Unless that slant six is going through corners :p

-Kurt

exactly

WWE meets a dyno show...

stupid premises & commentators
'destroy an engine' it isn't science, it's utter stupidity

Everyone knows what happens to an engine without oil
waste of usable engine & parts, throwing $$$ & useable parts away,
"to just make fools of themselves, on camera"

I'm sort of surprised Brule' (dyno operator) went for it, and was involved...

Last edited:
It is amazing what a terrible quality split there can be between the same people directed under a different production company.

This is the same dyno firm (Westech Performance) featured on Engine Masters - also a Motor Trend production (though produced in house, not subcontracted). It is amazing how this cheapie subcontracted video makes Holdner look like a fool (he isn't), and diminishes the brilliance of dyno operator Steve Brulé.

By comparison, here's a clip from Engine Masters. Brulé is on this show, and Holdner has subbed for him at times. An actual intelligent show built around the dyno (and in this case, about making cheapish power from Mopar mills):

This one is also relevant:

Smiley big green check mark.jpg

The Honda dealer didn't refill mom's crankcase after an oil change and she drove it that way for a week before she asked me about the irritating light on the dash. I filled it with oil, and year later it still seems to be fine. Or course, she mostly just hops around the neighborhood.

Nothing new from Hot Rod. I had a magazine back in the late 70’s. and at the Street Machine Nationals, they dropped a brick on the gas pedal of a 1970 Sport Fury and blew the engine. I could be wrong about the magazine and the event, but I can still see the picture burnt into my memory the back end of the car in the air. It was in great condition, and I felt bad about it.:(

Nothing new from Hot Rod. I had a magazine back in the late 70’s. and at the Street Machine Nationals, they dropped a brick on the gas pedal of a 1970 Sport Fury and blew the engine. I could be wrong about the magazine and the event, but I can still see the picture burnt into my memory the back end of the car in the air. It was in great condition, and I felt bad about it.:(

Usually I cut the Frieburger/Brulé team some slack, but there is one thing from the old Peterson publishing ashes (now Motor Trend) that does tick me off - and that's every time Steve Dulcich does (yet another) article "proving" that you can pull 400 horses from a 318 with a stock bottom end and some fancy doo-dads up top.

Sure, you can push one to a 400 HP peak - the question is for how many pulls.

I think they've been toying with that idea again - for Engine Masters - with the 318 block that Tony Angelo gave him (he was posting it on IG as #LowBuck318, if I recall right), and if so, I hope they don't keep the myth going.

Granted, I'm sure Brulé will question the repeatability and will sweat each dyno pull. He doesn't like it when his clean-as-a-whistle dyno cell gets littered with oil.

-Kurt

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back