• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO start help needed

maxwell

Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
Good evening All, I am working to get my 68 charger up and running good as i would like to drive it daily. I recently replaced the timing set due to the timing markings being all over the place with my light, and the engine isn't pulling gas from the rear. Spark is good but not very high and even when I pour gas in the 2bbl car it just sputters. Been working on problems since August and I know theres a light at the end but I could use some help. Anyone in the Fort dix, NJ area who can take a look would be great but any ideas of the Gremlin will help also.

a little more info would be helpful here..what engine are you working on...did you pull the distributor out?

a little more info would be helpful here..what engine are you working on...did you pull the distributor out?

318 2bbl and msd ready to run with blaster 2. I did not pull the distributor out while replacing the timing set. I have set the engine to TDC a few times on the correct stroke with no luck.

Did you install the fuel pump eccentric back on the timing gear and use the special cupped washer for the cam bolt?
If it is just not getting fuel, you could just rig a temporary fuel supply to the carb fed by a small fuel pump or even gravety fed.
If the pump is pumping, see if it will pump from a fuel container, to check if there is a problem with the fuel lines or pickup in the trunk.

could have got the pump arm on top of the cam instead of under it..easy to do

If its a gas starved issue, just put a little in your carb and see if it roars to life, then you'll know if its a gas problem.... starting point!

Auto Transport Service
Back