• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nobody has a pic of heater cable mounting

midnightrider1818

Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
man, this forum isnt anything like shovelhead usa. you ask a question on there everybody goes outta there way to help you. here no one does. what the hell people. help a guy out. im trying to figure out how the heater control cables mount under the dash by the control head. they have to mount somehow. i know they use clips but where do those mount too. cant someone snap a shot under the dash of there cables so i can see where they are mounted at. working on a 73 rr non ac car

Not sure, on the 70 there are two holes in the control unit for screws that screw into clips on the underside of the dash, honestly, I don't even know what the controls look like on a 73. Here's 70 unit......

partstosell10-3035.jpg

Not sure, on the 70 there are two holes in the control unit for screws that screw into clips on the underside of the dash, honestly, I don't even know what the controls look like on a 73. Here's 70 unit......

partstosell10-3035.jpg

thank you gtxken. really appreciate it. but mine is totally different. maybe someone will chime in before long

Like GTXKen, I only have a 70 so no help there, but maybe invest some money well spent in a service manual and see if there's a pic in there?

Does this help ?? If not , I can take other shots. :VB toast:

73Heater.jpg

yes that helped alot. thank you very much. but if it isnt too much trouble could you get me some other shots. even the cable mounting of the other cable would be great also. thanks again. really really appreciate it

Here is the rest of the page.

1st shot is clear but cut-off

2nd shot is a little fuzzy but complete and with a better understanding of the mountings.

Heat-1.jpg

Heat-2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back