• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Mopar but a truck I build just sold

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
I built this numbers matching 1978 C10 454 factory loaded up with a/c, e/windows, e/locks, tilt wheel, Silverado package. I added a factory tach and stereo with an amp. Swapped the TH400 for a 700R4. Has original 12 bolt with 3.73 posi. Threw in a 500" cam and some other goodies. Lowered it and tucked the bumpers.
He bought it local and just sold it local for 35K.
I just had to boast a bit.:icon_fU:

20180316_151428-jpg.jpg

20180526_111051-jpg.jpg

20190418_142749-jpg.jpg

20200302_144511-jpg.jpg

20200302_144452-jpg.jpg

20200302_144337-jpg.jpg

Looks good. My first pickup was a square body. Ran great, and was trying to rust away at 7 years old.... But it was a really good driver.

It might not be a Mopar but it still takes the same amount of work, good job, nice looking square body. My bro has a beautiful 70's chevy short box 4x4 he gave $12,000 for it a few years ago. Hate to guess what it's worth today, them square bodies are the hot thing now.

Nice truck! I took my drivers test in a early square body with a 6cyl and truck four speed. After I was failed in a 73 Roadrunner.

Nice GM truck :thumbsup: looks good, nice stance too
should be a real driver

well i just sold my dad's old 78 c10 shorty without motor or trans , its been sitting in the open garage since the late 80's . it brought 10k with no issues , even after the penhen laid eggs on the hood , lol
DSC09061.JPG

Wow....My dad bought a 78 GMC new. But it didnt cost anywhere near 35k.
Times sure have changed

Trucks in general are smoken hot right now. Of pretty much any make model or condition

Looks good. My first pickup was a square body. Ran great, and was trying to rust away at 7 years old.... But it was a really good driver.
Whatever..? I don't really care, but got to wonder why someone would give me the Red X, Disagree, on the post about my personal experience on my 1973 Chevy that I bought in 1980. What did I say that was arguable?? LOL .. Interesting......

Whatever..? I don't really care, but got to wonder why someone would give me the Red X, Disagree, on the post about my personal experience on my 1973 Chevy that I bought in 1980. What did I say that was arguable?? LOL .. Interesting......
Ya that was kind a rude.

Wow....My dad bought a 78 GMC new. But it didnt cost anywhere near 35k.
Times sure have changed

Trucks in general are smoken hot right now. Of pretty much any make model or condition
Ya there is love for the Dodges too. I built this 77 Macho a few years ago and it sold for 28K.
Notice I said built and not restored? These are not frame-off, nut and bolt, restored yady yady. They have real nice paint and drive real nice but these are real nice drivers, not show jobs.

20160822_153516.jpg 20160822_153647.jpg 20170114_152648.jpg

Probably fat fingers using a mobile app.

I had a 74 GMC bought it in 76. I had to have it repainted about a year after I bought it. I couldn’t believe the rust. My dad used to say I was going to wash the paint off it, so it wasn’t from that. I think that’s the reason Ford took the lead in truck sales. Internationals were just as bad, great drivetrains though.

Jeeze its crazy what the square bods are getting now... semms like a few short years ago you could pick them up for less than $2500 in decent condition.
Nice looking truck!

Back in my electrical contracting days I had every year of Chevy square body from 1973 to 1983 all at the same time. All work trucks that got the **** beat out of them.
Had a 79 GMC that was loaded up and had a 14-bolt with 4.56 locker from the factory.
Had a 79 Chevy short bed 4x4 with smogged up 230 6-cyl 4-spd. That had to be the most gutless vehicle I've ever owned which I've owned a lot.

Auto Transport Service
Back