• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD NOS Holley "Mechanical" Center, 6 Pack, 6bbl, Carburetor, #4782

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have an NOS, new in the box, Holley center, 6 Pack, 6 BBL, Mechanical carburetor, #4782 up for sale.
These carburetors were the competition, performance, race, carbs over the production street versions.
Rated at 500 CFM.
Holley hasn't produced these in years, so they are very difficult to find, in this day and age.
$600.00 + Pay Pal, and FEDEX'ing with insurance, and signature delivery charges on the package.
That's the price.
Not interested in any "trades" low ball "offers" for this part.
Interested, serious buyers, send me a pm thru this forum.
Thank's
Jim V.

Holley Mechanical Carb 001 (Small).JPG Holley Mechanical Carb 002 (Small).JPG Holley Mechanical Carb 003 (Small).JPG Holley Mechanical Carb 004 (Small).JPG Holley Mechanical Carb 005 (Small).JPG Holley Mechanical Carb 006 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
BeeKool
I don't get it. :wtf:
But thank's for bumping the ad to the top of the pile.
You have any interest in purchasing the part from me?

I haven't a clue.
What difference does it make anyway?

Date code matters to someone doing a restoration with date correct parts. If its a 1970 car with a date code of 1974 on the carb, it is not date correct. Matters to some and they are willing to pay more for date correct parts. Whet I converted my 70 RR from auto to 4 speed I used date correct parts so although not born a 4 speed at least it is correct as if it was.

Depends on the date code

Date code matters to someone doing a restoration with date correct parts. If its a 1970 car with a date code of 1974 on the carb, it is not date correct. Matters to some and they are willing to pay more for date correct parts. Whet I converted my 70 RR from auto to 4 speed I used date correct parts so although not born a 4 speed at least it is correct as if it was.

Geez people, read my freakin ad.
These ARE NOT production carburetors on factory 340, 440, engine street cars, needed for restoration purposes.
Mechanical Center, and outboard carbs, were RACE, PERFORMANCE, versions sold thru Holley suppliers, and Direct Connection, back in the day.
Do your own research, homework, before you interfere with someones ad.
Look at the posting rules before someone posts "commentary" in a for sale ad.
And i have this carb at my storage locker facility, and don't need to take a drive down and back, to look up a date code for a non production, assembly line equipped carburetor.
Someone that is after a carb like this is racing 6 packs, or has no need for a "date code"
Now, enough said, by me.

Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what?

For those who are racing and or have a non stock car may not care about date codes, but those who choose to do a full restoration want date the codes to be correct.

Even if they are looking for period correct performance parts, they are looking for date codes to match the time in which the part(s) may have been purchased.

Keep in mind hemi71x, if there were no racers out there who wanted your high priced carb for what ever reason, you would then have to really start catering to those who are looking for date codes.

You may have to just take that unwanted drive out to your storage facility and be a little put out in order to get your $600.00

God Bless America
and those looking for date codes,

Mike

BeeKool don't get it. :wtf:
But thank's for bumping the ad to the top of the pile.
You have any interest in purchasing the part from me?

thanks for the most informative reply... u can keep your carb

And no i didn't get out of bed this morning on the wrong side.
Overpriced, far from it.
The last time i looked Summit wants $580.00 for a new Holley replacement 340-440 street version carburetor.
So I'm right in line for a new carburetor that hasn't been in production for decades.
Then why don't you keyboard commandos go try and source one of these carburetors and be my competition, and sell it for less than my price.
If you don't like something, just move on, or don't look at the ad.
That's simple enough.

True Hemi,
It's a Direct Connection over the counter carb, I had em on my '69 Bee,
I would do $400 by PayPal just to have a spare,your call,
P.S. I don't care about the date code.

True Hemi,
It's a Direct Connection over the counter carb, I had em on my '69 Bee,
I would do $400 by PayPal just to have a spare,your call,
P.S. I don't care about the date code.

Thank's for the offer Bee, but I'm gonna stick to my guns at $600.00 for this carburetor.
I went to the Summit web page and found some Mopar, Holley, 6bbl. carbs are now going for $644.00

For the date code freaks that are posting in my thread, i would hafta bet on this carb being mid 70's, late 70's, as i came to California in 1976 from a tour of duty in Germany, and raced a 71 Cuda at Sacramento Raceway for decades, when i added 6bbl on top of the 440 engine.
So then, for date code, y'all interested? or just move on, as it's something your not wanting to buy from me.

Bought this also as a spare, if i ever wanted to use a Edelbrock STR-14-6 intake, or a Weiand 440 6 pack Tunnel Ram manifolds that i also had.

So much for the rules, monitor should remove everything.

Geez people, read my freakin ad.
These ARE NOT production carburetors on factory 340, 440, engine street cars, needed for restoration purposes.
Mechanical Center, and outboard carbs, were RACE, PERFORMANCE, versions sold thru Holley suppliers, and Direct Connection, back in the day.
Do your own research, homework, before you interfere with someones ad.
Look at the posting rules before someone posts "commentary" in a for sale ad.
And i have this carb at my storage locker facility, and don't need to take a drive down and back, to look up a date code for a non production, assembly line equipped carburetor.
Someone that is after a carb like this is racing 6 packs, or has no need for a "date code"
Now, enough said, by me.

You asked a question, "what difference does it make". I just answered politely. You however are pretty arrogant.

You asked a question, "what difference does it make". I just answered politely. You however are pretty arrogant.

Well, thank's for keeping the ad at the top of the list, and getting more exposure.
I answered with that statement, as i don't see what an date code would ever have to do with the selling of this part.
Don't like it, tough ****, i don't care what you think.

$600.00 + Pay Pal, and FEDEX'ing with insurance, and signature delivery charges on the package.
That's the price.
Not interested in any "trades" low ball "offers" for this part.
Interested, serious buyers, send me a ]

On a serious note, when you are set at a price you list it as "firm".
You want "$600 firm, no trades."
That's a polite and straightforward way of saying it.
paris401 was interested in the carb. He asked a question. Instead of stating that you didn't have the carb nearby, you answered the question with a question. It came off disrespectful. Probably not intentional.
The moderators have alot of material to scan through so eventually they will probably delete a few posts.
Some of us will probably get a reprimand from the moderators but us mopes look out for each other.
Hope your carb finds a home, it looks nice

My manner in listing parts for sale is just they way i do things on the internet web sites.
Never gave it a thought in using the word "firm" in the description.
It's just the way I've always done it.
I never was a date code, numbers matching, paint dawb, guy in my past ownership of Mopar cars.
So if that's your thing, so be it, but not my cup ot tea.

Me personally, i really don't like the web sites that allow replies to a "for sale" ad.
I sorta, kinda, wish the ad would be listed, and if someone want's to know something, send a private message.
So on these A, B, C, E, bodies only sites it's either like it or lump it, the way the sales sections are set up.
So that's the way it is on this site, so be it, and i will like it.
But i put ads on Craigslist, dodgecharger, moparts, and other sites, that don't allow replies.
My two cents on the subject.

Last edited:
Ok Jimmy, if there's room to play PM me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back