• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a typical 68 Charger

Thanks for the support.

I am just a hobbyist. I like to push myself on each project and this one has been all of that..haha

Thanks for the support.

I am just a hobbyist. I like to push myself on each project and this one has been all of that..haha
Right on, I swapped a 6.4/T56 in my 69 RR and that was a task for me lol. My buddy is in the process of a red eye/t56 swap with the irs rear. But he welded on the front clip of a modern charger for all geometry and suspension.

How much did you pick up the wrecked trackhawk for if you don’t mind me asking.

Grafting on the clips would be a huge undertaking in its own right.
It was one of those complete turnkey ones from Cleveland performance. It was 30k a couple years ago when I bought it.

Do you have pics of the front lower control arms, specifically how you have done the lower shock mount? I went through the thread and didn't see one with a good angle. Thanks!

Grafting on the clips would be a huge undertaking in its own right.
It was one of those complete turnkey ones from Cleveland performance. It was 30k a couple years ago when I bought it.
Nice, Def have gone up since then too...and yea a big task but he's on the down hill now!

Do you have pics of the front lower control arms, specifically how you have done the lower shock mount? I went through the thread and didn't see one with a good angle. Thanks!
Let me know if you want any other angles.

IMG_6187.jpeg

Here is some mock up pics. This is at full compression, not ride height. Will end up making custom flares but these help set the stage.

IMG_6199.jpeg

IMG_6200.jpeg

Wicked, did you make the flares?
Sorry, I did not see this until now. No, they were bought online. They are hand made and not cheap, but nice. I am not going to use them as I am 3d printing a set for better fitment.

It runs now. Had a couple ground wires I did not connect as I did not think they were controlling grounds for anything besides lights. Sitting on its wheels now and might be ready for a spin around the block when I get my front seats back from upholstery. I can’t link a quick vid of it running

Got to take it for a spin today. Goes in to the dealer for some programming in 2 weeks. For those with instagram, you can see videos there under user rdlconcepts

Made a cover for the electric power brake pump and got the front glass in.

IMG_6319.jpeg

IMG_6318.jpeg

IMG_6321.jpeg

IMG_6316.jpeg

I am super impressed with this build. I have severe skills envy. Looking at these photos makes me want to go into my garage and burn all my tools.

Thanks.
Self taught with practice. I recommend anyone to go out and just try. Most things can be replaced if it does not work out.

Auto Transport Service
Back