• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not all the Tracks are Closing!

Not a huge deal but a step in the right direction. They milled and resurfaced from the concrete launching pad to the end of the 1/8th. I hear it is very smooth and the traction is good. Our local track is getting better every year. https://www.nhra.com/news/2022/new-asphalt-laid-down-cedar-falls-motorsports-park-nhra-member-track

cedarfalls.jpg

Our local track just reopened. The $ they get from entry fees are going back for improvements like a new timing system. Right now it is just arm drop starts. @ $20 to race it may take awhile but its a start. $25K for the system.

good to hear & see a few are coming back or doing improvements
we used to have like 26 tracks here, we're down to like 7 now
may lose one of them, Sacramento Raceway
it has been up for sale, for a while now, but pretty damn pricey thou

Noise complaints & "building encroachment",
old story new location

Stupid people buy a house by a racetrack (or airport etc.)
that's been in constant operation since the early 50's
& then complain about the noise :jackoff:
do their due diligence 1st maybe, might help :blah:

Last edited:
Our Firebird raceway here in Idaho is always getting upgrades, I am happy to see that others are also.
Being 15 minutes from my house I go so much as I can and run my Coronet. Its not a drag car but its fun.

There may be trouble in the future of Bradenton Motorsports Park....Looks like a massive housing development is coming to the land adjacent to the track.

track.jpg

Idiots! (county commission) Building houses is more important to them than a noisy race track. Like he said. We built outside of town to keep everyone happy and now you want to build houses right next door. We had a failed dog track that some wanted to change into a circle track and it failed because the neighbors a 1/2 mile away didn't want it and thought it would be too noisy.

Last edited:
Our local track is still hanging in there. It's 4 miles out of town. I am a 15 min drive and can hear the cars on race day. (not loud or offensive but I can still hear them.) I hear train engines and whistles too but they don't go away.

CFMP.jpg

Last edited:

Saw this this morning. What a load if bs. How would it go if they were wanting to build a race teack next to a neighborhood? I hate local governments, bunch of folks with their hands outstretched and usually wealthy to start with. I hope lots of folks answer with votes in the next election. He should run for the board.

My local track will be done, gone, no more, after spring of 2023, Houston Raceway Park, [ Baytown ]

Auto Transport Service
Back