• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not good luck with pantless dent remover kit, what am I doing wrong......

Be the last thing I'd be putting on paint... Acetone eats plastic and paint these days isn't far off of that. Alcohol releases the hot glue just fine. Acetone seems like a weird choice of products...

Dry ice...it will shrink the metal and pop back into place. Not sure the paint will like it.

:lol:

Paintless dent repair is a highly skilled profession. When I was in the used car business, I worked with many PDR guys, some very good ones. Most of them would not touch a repainted vehicle for fear of "pulling paint."

20240305_163406.jpg

Be the last thing I'd be putting on paint... Acetone eats plastic and paint these days isn't far off of that. Alcohol releases the hot glue just fine. Acetone seems like a weird choice of products...

They're showing 10% water. I've used it on several factory painted vehicles and one repainted car with no problems. Being diluted might make it safe?

They're showing 10% water. I've used it on several factory painted vehicles and one repainted car with no problems. Being diluted might make it safe?

ever see those eraser wheels?....... they'll remove pin stripes from modern factory paint with zero evidence you were there.......

but don't try it on a repainted panel, it'll destroy even the most expensive, baked on recoat

I still don't know what makes factory paint so durable

Sorry about the pantless part, auto correct got me a couple of times and I thought i got it. I seen the vids and its looks like the system could work for certain dents. The gas tank had been repainted and it did pull the paint off. But it's getting a total repaint so not a problem, it then went to direct metal, but did not stick much better. I was just thinking are there stronger glues for that rather than just glue gun stick glue. Those guys actually use the plastic scraper to get the attachment OFF the car....all mine just pulled off, no matter how long I let them set. No way mine could do much good on 50 year old thicker sheet metal on our old cars.

ever see those eraser wheels?....... they'll remove pin stripes from modern factory paint with zero evidence you were there.......
They call them 'Caramel wheels' over here. I used one on the decals on my A100.....the paint was perfectly fine afterwards.

Paintless dent removal is common here in Australia, the guys are very good and use a range of hammers mostly, some long thin ones they can slip behind trims - the glue method is mostly for areas where they can't get behind. One guy told me he would hit a dent lightly hundreds and hundreds of times to massage it out. I've had a couple done, one recently after I dropped an esky (ice box) on my car. They fixed it no sweat. It's a skilled trade, like old school panel beating.
20231218_175006.jpg
20231219_160433.jpg
20240115_165153.jpg
20240115_165200.jpg

I agree that most of the PDR guys can do amazing work. About their only limitations are double paneled areas and badly creased/ stretched dents.

Acetone will mix with water in any ratio. That's why it is not considered a V.O.C. You can use it
to thin epoxies and paints without pissing off the E.P.A., and I don't think it will touch catalyzed paint?
need to try it on an inconspicuous spot!

You would probably be better off to push a dent out than pull because of the strength and thickness of the old sheet metal. Those paintless dent removers are designed for late model sheet metal, thin and springy. Ask a PDR tech and see what they recommend. Most won't even work on a old car with their tools and techniques.

Like buying scanners to clear Codes, this is best left to the Pros. Amazing results on a friends pickup with hail damage, and my 09 Challenger non sunroof roof. Get your wallet. It’s called paying for experience and skill. I pull plugs, change oil, and spray Bullhead Connectors with contact spray. With SOME success. That’s it.

Auto Transport Service
Back