• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT MINE: Another obscenely high priced 1970 Super Bee 383 car

I’d love to have a 70 Bee. I’ve been holding off on that road runner just Incase a nice 70 Bee pops up but these people are wanting way too much money for them.

It is now $69,000, down from $77,000.

Screenshot_20240212-081018~2.png

It is now $69,000, down from $77,000.

View attachment 1607908
Yeah, probably missed it above or the comment was deleted but he's not actually crazy. He said he threw the high price out there to see if anyone bites but is a pretty level headed guy if you talk to him. I think he just wants it gone without losing on it. Going to be tough with that pillar.

Yeah, probably missed it above or the comment was deleted but he's not actually crazy. He said he threw the high price out there to see if anyone bites but is a pretty level headed guy if you talk to him. I think he just wants it gone without losing on it. Going to be tough with that pillar.
Why not just list it with a reasonable price then? Lose on it or not, the value is the value, if the bottom drops out and the value becomes say $20k, does he still stay where he “doesn’t want to lose on it”, or do you not just post a fair price on it now and not play games? He’s effectively alienated most folks who know about Mopars, might want a 70 Bee, but don’t want to play that game. I guess he’s looking for an uninformed buyer to take advantage of instead of a Mopar lover who might actually appreciate it. It’s Charger Syndrome with a Super Bee, not exactly in the same league.

Just as an experience note, I have had a 383, had 396 Chevys, and now my 440.
I respect the 383’s way more, they are nothing to take for granted

Why not just list it with a reasonable price then? Lose on it or not, the value is the value, if the bottom drops out and the value becomes say $20k, does he still stay where he “doesn’t want to lose on it”, or do you not just post a fair price on it now and not play games? He’s effectively alienated most folks who know about Mopars, might want a 70 Bee, but don’t want to play that game. I guess he’s looking for an uninformed buyer to take advantage of instead of a Mopar lover who might actually appreciate it. It’s Charger Syndrome with a Super Bee, not exactly in the same league.
While I completely agree with you in spirit he drops the pretense immediately. I also find the back and forth tedious when both guys know the score. I think you could literally message this guy “65 lol” and he’d respond with “I know. Have an offer?”

The other guy selling the beautiful R/T w the Hemi for $125k is the complete opposite. You ask details and he responds like you’re a woman with all this “gets lots of attention” “it’s done right” **** nobody wants to hear followed by the classic “lots of messages.” Well yeah fella that’s because potential buyers are trying to comprehend where your asking price came from since your ad text is all frosting and no cake.

While I completely agree with you in spirit he drops the pretense immediately. I also find the back and forth tedious when both guys know the score. I think you could literally message this guy “65 lol” and he’d respond with “I know. Have an offer?”

The other guy selling the beautiful R/T w the Hemi for $125k is the complete opposite. You ask details and he responds like you’re a woman with all this “gets lots of attention” “it’s done right” **** nobody wants to hear followed by the classic “lots of messages.” Well yeah fella that’s because potential buyers are trying to comprehend where your asking price came from since your ad text is all frosting and no cake.
How I list a car when I want to sell it…
[SOLD] - 1966 Plymouth Barracuda For Sale/$2500.00

Auto Transport Service
Back