• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT MINE: Another obscenely high priced 1970 Super Bee 383 car

DynaBro

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score

424679960_7270935552971661_3496615670987849908_n.jpg

Original aD: 1970 Dodge SuperBee

Where are these guys getting the idea that 383 cars are worth this kind of money? This is a $40-50K car all day, maybe less with the old restoration and wear. That green one in Indiana for $50K is much nicer. $77K for this? He's guano. There's an immaculate green frame off restoration on ebay for nearly the same price that's been reposted for over a year with no offers. It's a 383 my guy. Get real. I only post these things because I enjoy reading you guys pick them apart and reify my annoyance. Don't let me down.

Funny he says it's an auto turned into a 4 speed.

It was more the 383 WTH comment. What do folks think come in Super Bees? I'll take a #'s screamin 383 over a replacement 440 any day of the week.

Funny he says it's an auto turned into a 4 speed.
No mention of whether the engine is original or not, which means it’s not. $77k for s non original drive train is not gonna happen.

Well, the joke is on the seller. Sitting on it for the next 5 years and telling his pals the "market is dead".

:ʎʇᴉɹǝʇsod ɹoℲ

VIN: WM21NOE131735

1707679651478~2.png
1707679607009~2.png

Last edited:
It was more the 383 WTH comment. What do folks think come in Super Bees? I'll take a #'s screamin 383 over a replacement 440 any day of the week.
The 440 cars demand a higher price. Simple as. You can huff and puff all you want about what your 383 can do but it'll be just like that green one on ebay they're asking north of $80K for and has been sitting forever. Hell even that nice blue one is sitting at like $45 on here and there's nothing bad anyone can say about his car other than it's an automatic. People like badging and factory performace options.

I chatted with the guy. He laughed it off too and knows he's not getting that money. Seemed like a cool guy. He's not trying to hide anything if you talk to him.

You missed the point.. Bee's generally didn't come with 440's and I have no need to huff and puff ! Purdy sure I could sell mine for well North of 80k in a few hours.

If you've never seen pictures, or a full restoration thread stuck at the top of the page, then you're too busy browsing Craigslist.
Correct. Between lifting, running my dog, training jiu-jitsu, cooking all my own meals, running my business, working on my house, and searching for a good deal on a car I don't have a ton of time to look at every thread.

I guess I should have took that $150k I got offered for my ugly green car last Saturday lol.
It's different,that's a Charger.......Chargers are in their own market! I spent my childhood in a triple green 70 Charger R/T SE,it was our family car!

moms Charger.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back