• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT MINE-LOOKING FOR RESPONSES

Mopar guys hate it, Chebby guys hate it. Guy was looking for attention but there are consequences. Rest of the project is a mess too.

Look like something a kid would build out of a bunch of old model car kit parts. But full sized? Should have grown up before gluing this contraption together.....

I won't bash on what someone else wanted to build. 409's are cool. Giant blowers are not that common anymore, so it is kinda cool to see one in a car regardless nowdays.
BUT
Thumper, as in the Bambi movie? Little kids like it, pervies making innuendo about rabbits like thumper. That is some weird choices.
The gold honeycomb wheels are some weird choices, but I guess they were modern looking in the 80's. The color combo is some hydraulic equipped bouncing car type of "look at me" and I hate it personally, but to each their own, I know in different areas of the country bright colors are more popular.
To me it is a hard no, not my style for any money. People can build what they want, this is America. But I don't have to like what they build, this is America.

The seller states:
"It took me 3 years to build "Thumper". If you were to build it today it would cost over $300,000 and long time to build."

My take:

"It would take a head injury and a lot of Methamphetamine to build this car today".
:rofl:
1683774204766.jpeg

Not surprisingly, the guy still has this thing. Dropped the price to $65k. That's about $55k more than I'd ever spend on it. It's barely a shell IMO.

If I had more money than sense, I'd boil the carcass in acid and try to bring it back. This wrong needs to be corrected. And bonfire that interior. My God

I remember so many "Show Cars" like this in the 60's and 70's. I
guess the problem is it was finished in the 90's, when all that
ISCA stuff was so dated and frowned on. Might have been cool in
'68 with the kids. I wonder if it runs. Most of those ISCA cars
were pushed into the building for the show, then pushed on
the trailer for the next one. I don't think having a working engine
was even required by the rules. $300,000.00 to build today????
Oh man... I think OL' THUMPER might be having the last laugh!!
00Z0Z_84z7GycdVi0_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back