• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not so good experience

This post is very timely for me. I bought a Milwaukee cordless hammer drill set from Home Depot, the other day. Got it home & tried charging the battery, blinking light(defective), same on 2nd battery. Then realized one battery was wrong size for the kit. Returned to Home Depot, no problem, replacement given. Clearly someone had switched the batteries with junk ones & returned to Home Depot who mistakenly put it back on the shelf.
Now when I am selling parts, I will follow advice here & covertly mark them to identify as what I am selling.

I hope both of you are made whole. As a seller, you should take better pics and a lot of them. As a buyer, it's up to you if you want insurance on the shipping. Damage on the carrier is not the fault of the seller. But packing the parts well is on the seller. Always worth it to over pack as the carriers are rough with the boxes.

I asked a guy recently about some a pillar trim, if they had cracks or missing mounting tabs, etc. He pm'd me back said yes, crack, see picture in ad. Problem is the lone picture was horribly grainy and zooming in made it worse. Not worth my time to respond.

Minty parts cost a minty price. Used parts are just that.

Lot of guys want nos type money for used parts so the line is blurred on what is being offered unless there are good pictures.

Thanks. I don't deal in hypothetical.

No, I paid around $60. But how is this relevant to the issue on hand?
Its very relevant and while the seller chose to air this out in a open forum instead of trying to settle it privately,he never mentioned names.
You did.
The description of the part was accurate. He asked 35 dollars for the part, shipping is shipping so I dont count that.
$35.00 US dollars and you received a driver quality 53 year old part and your complaining.
If was the seller id refund your money immediately less the shipping, thats on you

Lot of guys want nos type money for used parts so the line is blurred on what is being offered unless there are good pictures.
Agreed 100%. And a lot of guys want NOS parts at non NOS money.
I went. this route once trying to sell a original no broken pins trunk finish panel for a 69 Sport Sat or GTX. It was pitted and I made that clear. I was asking a very modest amount of money. The questions, some were unreasonable. Were looking, wanted a mint perfect piece for 150 dollars, sorry aint going to happen. I kept the part as well as a few other original pieces.
I dont have the time or patience to deal with this type of nonsense.

Agreed 100%. And a lot of guys want NOS parts at non NOS money.
I went. this route once trying to sell a original no broken pins trunk finish panel for a 69 Sport Sat or GTX. It was pitted and I made that clear. I was asking a very modest amount of money. The questions, some were unreasonable. Were looking, wanted a mint perfect piece for 150 dollars, sorry aint going to happen. I kept the part as well as a few other original pieces.
I dont have the time or patience to deal with this type of nonsense.

Ya. If its the best one out of 4 in a scrap yard. Chances are its still junk. I havent seen a clean used part since parts were new.
They either had a scrstch or bent some where.

When I sell a part any questionable area is photographed close up. No surprise to buyer. Sold pair of hemi exhaust manifolds on ebay. Driver had a crack drivers side where steering box was pushed into it. Put red dye on cracked area and white developer, no problem seeing crack. No problem from buyer.

Its very relevant and while the seller chose to air this out in a open forum instead of trying to settle it privately,he never mentioned names.
You did.
The description of the part was accurate. He asked 35 dollars for the part, shipping is shipping so I dont count that.
$35.00 US dollars and you received a driver quality 53 year old part and your complaining.
If was the seller id refund your money immediately less the shipping, thats on you

The trunk finish panel is not what I complained about. You were not privy to the text message so you do not know what transpired. Furthermore, what I paid is irrelevant to the issue at hand. In case you missed the OP, the issue here is the seller claims I took pictures of different damaged parts and claimed they were what he sent. Your posts are the perfect example why I was hesitant to respond to this thread. Never fails, keyboard commandos skewing the line and adding confusion. Now I'm having to respond back not only to the REAL issue but to your input. I was not (any reasonable person should not) expect mint parts at a steal. I was expecting the grill to be unbent as THATS HOW IT WAS DESCRIBED. As with any used part, its used. what I did have issue with is "no bends or dents".

Last edited:
The trunk finish panel is not what I complained about. You were not privy to the text message so you do not know what transpired. Furthermore, what I paid is irrelevant to the issue at hand. In case you missed the OP, the issue here is the seller claims I took pictures of different damaged parts and claimed they were what he sent. Your posts are the perfect example why I was hesitant to respond to this thread. Never fails, keyboard commandos skewing the line and adding confusion. Now I'm having to respond back not only to the REAL issue but to your input. I was not (any reasonable person should not) expect mint parts at a steal. I was expecting the grill to be unbent as THATS HOW IT WAS DESCRIBED. As with any used part, its used. what I did have issue with is "no bends or dents".
You most deffintly did complain about the trunk finish panel.
The only legit complaint you have is you were accused of sending a picture of a damaged part. I do believe you did not do that.
As far as "keyboard commandoes adding to the confusion", you both choose to air your dirty. laundry in public, dont complain when a member offers another opinion.
Frankly id not do any business with either one of you but I do hope you both settle your problems

The best thing to happen is that you receive a refund including your shipping and that you return the parts to the seller. Then chalk it up to a internet sale gone bad. When I sell something on these sites I always make sure the buyer can contact me if something isn't right and it can be handled. I hope it happens that way for you two.

The best thing to happen is that you receive a refund including your shipping and that you return the parts to the seller. Then chalk it up to a internet sale gone bad. When I sell something on these sites I always make sure the buyer can contact me if something isn't right and it can be handled. I hope it happens that way for you two.

Agreed. I thought we had a resolution until I logged on this morning to find this posted up. I had no choice but to respond. I'm on multiple boards, not just this old mopar stuff. Its amazing the uptick in drama when the weather turns cold.

Agreed. I thought we had a resolution until I logged on this morning to find this posted up. I had no choice but to respond. I'm on multiple boards, not just this old mopar stuff. Its amazing the uptick in drama when the weather turns cold.
Or when the weather turns hot. Hope things go smoothly.

You most deffintly did complain about the trunk finish panel.
The only legit complaint you have is you were accused of sending a picture of a damaged part. I do believe you did not do that.
As far as "keyboard commandoes adding to the confusion", you both choose to air your dirty. laundry in public, dont complain when a member offers another opinion.
Frankly id not do any business with either one of you but I do hope you both settle your problems
sometimes you really go overboard steve..just my opinion.
dont get riled up,im sure i do the same as well at times.

i get both sides clearly,only thing is,i think jdakrt has a valid claim.
he didnt get what he thought he paid for,regardless of price.
looks pretty simple to me.
jurys still out on the op,but,theres some discrepancies....

sometimes you really go overboard steve..just my opinion.
dont get riled up,im sure i do the same as well at times.

i get both sides clearly,only thing is,i think jdakrt has a valid claim.
he didnt get what he thought he paid for,regardless of price.
looks pretty simple to me.
jurys still out on the op,but,theres some discrepancies....
I get riled up LOL,,, I wont get into that with you. Whoever has a valid claim, I have no idea and really dont care. The fact is the OP choose to post this and mentioned damage. The buyer then felt he had to reply and could have stayed anonymous.
The grille cost the buyer a 50 dollars and if you look at the pictures in the ad one rung looks slightly bent. The grill does not look in bad shape and id think that you Russ, a guy who knows parts a hell of a lot better that me would agree that for a grand total of what 85 dollars the buyer did alright.
Some people have expectations that are beyond reasonable. Then want perfection but dont want to pay.
Price those part(s) at Tony's Mopar and tell me what he wants and his description is modest from my experience from the few things I bought from him, meaning they were better than what he described.
The buyer received some decent driver quality parts at a great price and yet he is unhappy.
A grille and a trunk finish panel for a 1966 car for under a 100 bucks in that condition.

Your posts are the perfect example why I was hesitant to respond to this thread

Thanks for getting it out into the open air anyway. We do like to trust one another around here. Lefty71

Having sold and purchased tons of stuff over the net I have found that photos even good quality for some reason doesn't reveal all the flaws. I've had to take more photos to enable a better view of flaws with an explanation of what and where they are. I've had similar issues when I've sold cars over the net. Just wish this were true when I see photos of me and regardless of the number taken...I still look like **** in every one...

Auto Transport Service
Back