• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not Your Everyday Charger

i see a lot of slant 6s on u tube w/ a turbo that can run mid 10s to low 11s just saying if you have the time and $ you can make anything run

My first car and Mopar was a '70 Duster with a slant 6, 3 speed on the floor.. Of course I wanted it to be a V8, but at 13 years old, that thing was great for racing through the desert and learning how to handle a car. It was even forest green. Probably good thing it didn't have too much power.

When I was a kid, I bought a direct connection catalog. It had a formula for building a 16 second A body. I remember that it used 318 valves

Last edited:
9.60 in the 1/4 or 1/8th mile and how many times did he blow it up?? I would assume it's 1/4 mile since a 9.60 1/8 is about a 15 flat in the 1/4 and I can see doing that with a /6 pretty easily. Got my 66 Belvedere running an 18.10 with no mods to the engine except for the simple stuff like a open element air cleaner, straight pipe, light weight flex fan, jetted carb, advanced timing...that kind of stuff. When I got the car it ran a 23 and something lol. Shaved off over 4 seconds just doing work on the car and those mods to the engine then replaced the 2.94 gears with a 4.10 and it want from a 19.66 (ironic?) to the 18.10.
Ah sorry it was 9.60s in the 1/4 with a 540.
Originally it was a slanty car.

Iirc my 64 330 4dr would run about a mid 19 on the g pro. A stick tree car

I remember seeing a slant 6 70 Charger on a used car lot back in the late 70s.

I had a /6 Volare years ago, awesome car. Factory R12 a/c blew 40s out the vents, at idle, in 90 degree weather. GREAT fuel economy (mid 20s). 2.-something rear, open, auto trans, awesome commuter car. Not "fast", but kept up with traffic just fine. Never should have sold it, but a guy offered me stupid money for it for his turning-16 kid and I let it go.

If I found a /6 Charger? It would be a daily car. Period. SO awesome.

My first Charger (68) had the slant 6 and 3 speed on the column. Wish I still had it. Bought it in Gulfport MS for $800 and drove it home

Auto Transport Service
Back