• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now why didn't I think of this? You draw your own license plate.

SteveSS

Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score

Homemade license plate on stolen car leads to California woman's arrest​

A driver in California, suspected of stealing a car, gets busted with a homemade license plate by police.​

The suspect, 38-year-old Angel Rachiene Bolton, wrote the license plate numbers with a thick black marker on what police believed to be printer paper and then taped it to the back of a silver Kia Rio LX, which was reportedly stolen out of Alameda, according to the Benica Police Department.

She even drew on an expired date of Jan 2023.

How did anyone detect that ? The plate looked so AUTHENTIC !!
1701126978263.png
And that Hi-Tech license plate frame !!

Believe it or not, that used to be legal in FL!

When I first moved here in '88 I would see about a half dozen a month.

Culture shock.

Most common item to use- paper plate.

I had a friend in the art business that had a temp paper tag. He scanned it, erased the dates in Photoshop, and wrote in new ones. Whenever those dates were about to come due he just printed a new blank one. Another artist friend cut his own vinyl tag decal. He got busted because it didn't have the little numbers at the bottom.

I saw a story I think it was from Australia. A guy made a fake tag but he was smart. He got the tag number from a matching make and model number motorcycle that was for sale online. Then the perp broke all kinds of traffic laws caught on camera. The cops came after the rightfull innocent owner and eventually, he was able to prove there was a very slight difference in one of the number fonts.

Auto Transport Service
Back