• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Numbers matching 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 4-speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Raymor

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner numbers matching 383, 4 speed, fender tag, and core support, 8.75 sure grip rear with 3.55 gears, 33,878 miles. I purchased the Roadrunner 2 years ago from a gentlemen who owned it for 12 years and only drove it a little over 1000 miles. He purchased it from the gentlemen who restored the car in 1987 who was a Chrysler mechanic for 25 years, and it came with a photo album of the restoration. The P.O. added Kelsey Hayes power brakes, a new demon carb, new custom hand painted wood grain look steering wheel, and the tic toc tach. Since I have owned it I have replaced the entire suspension with all Moog parts and KYB shocks. I also had the power steering gear and pump rebuilt and replaced all of the steering components with Moog parts. I patched a couple small spots in the floor, sound proofed it, insulated it and repainted the trunk. There is no rust on this car anywhere. The underside is also undercoated. I recently removed the magnum 500s and put the color matched steel wheels back on with brand new Hankook Kinergy PT tires (made in Clarksville, TN). The rims are in good shape but do have a couple paint chips, overall they still look really nice and get a lot of compliments. The magnums have Mickey Thompson scorcher tires that are still in good condition and will be included. The RR runs great and drives perfectly straight down the road. I would have no doubts that it could be driven from Michigan to Florida with zero issues, besides fuel cost and driving 60 mph (2400 RPM). I added a new pioneer radio as there was an old non working 80s tape deck radio in it, I also installed new speakers as well. All of the gauges work, I added an aftermarket oil pressure gauge because the original was reading low, it runs 80 psi on cold start and 45 psi at idle when hot. The fuel gauge reads 3/4 when full so the sending unit may need replaced. I replaced the original alternator gauge with a new OER gauge and it works properly. The temp gauge also seems to run low but the RR runs 180 (temp. gun) even after idling for long periods. The engine does drop a little oil from the front of the oil pan, but I put over 1000 miles on the car this year and never had to add oil. The paint shines very nice still but does have a couple light scratches, chips, dings (it's 36 years old), and most people don't notice them. The passenger rear window has some scratches and the trim around the front windows has some very light pitting, but the bumpers and other trim are very nice. This is a great driver / show vehicle, I have won multiple trophies in the last 2 years, but don't expect to win a national show with it. I drive this car all the time to take my kids to school, get groceries etc. and always get tons of compliments on how nice it is. The dome light, and front side marker lights don't work and the right hood mounted turn indicator light is burnt out. The headlights, taillights, horn, heat and turn signals all work. The interior is nice, but has the wrong seat belts and a small cut (1/2 inch) in the dash pad that you probably wouldn't even notice. The airgrabber works to stay closed, but will only open by its self over 50mph, I just attach a spring to the arm to keep it open. Also comes with the photo album of restoration and a large folder full of paperwork. The fender tag is painted and hard to read so I took it off, flipped it over, took a picture and reversed it to make it easier to read. This is a lynch road car, so it's hard to find the decoder for it and has a single dimple on both sides of the firewall (Lynch road only).

$50,000 cash or $25,000 minimum with a trade that is actually worth $25,000, will consider other mopars, 1979 and older Dodge / Plymouth trucks, hotrods, or maybe a Harley. And my wife says 70-72 Chevelle or a Bandit Trans am.

Hagerty Value #3 Good condition $53,130

Located near Lansing, MI

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4534.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

CF97C253-B213-4B47-82E7-0208068230EA.JPEG

6B3AD268-32E3-4E31-957D-F4068272229C.JPEG

10B72DCF-CD1A-46D2-A285-5847704FB666.JPEG

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

Absolutely beautiful car. Are you going to let your wife downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back