• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nut & Bolt location

RT SE 440

Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Hello all as i assemble my car which i didn't pull apart i've come up to bolting stuff up the panel beater/painter threw a few bolts in to line everything up but not in the correct places as all the bolts& nuts were pretty much thrown into one tub so it's fun and games at the moment.Anyway just wondering if anyone could help out by naming where these bolts go thanks ahead guys ps i know #6 is the hood hinges

Capture.JPG

#1 is inner fender n cowl studs,#2 is the same but you need studs for cowl,#3 is fender to cowl,#4 is bottom of fenders,#5 is front of fender where they bolt to rad support n #5 are door hinge bolts

Well worth the money if you didn't tear down the car yourself.. helps keep out the guess work. I use mine as reference every time I start bolting on stuff.
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=d9de...ubW1jZGV0cm9pdC5jb20vTWFya2V0X1BsYWNlLw&ntb=1
Global web icon

MMC Detroit
https://www.mmcdetroit.com/Market_Place

MMC Detroit Market Place

• Fastener Reference Manuals
  • Volume # 4 Understanding The Finer Points of A Vehicle Build
  • ICCA Reference Restoration and Judging Manuals

Objective: This fastener guide will provide useful information in the understanding of the correct fastener to use for a various components that are assembled within your vehicle. This guide contain photographs, manufacturers marking (head markings), detailed descriptions of over 98% of the bolts, screws , clips and wash…
See more on mmcdetroit.com

I would really like to get the MMC fastener manual but wow $145

Thanks Wayne, I did not know that! Is Chargersteven right on the rest of the locations?

I would really like to get the MMC fastener manual but wow $145

Thanks Wayne, I did not know that! Is Chargersteven right on the rest of the locations?
YES Don, Steve was spot on.. I was just correcting the #5 #6 for hood/hinge and not door.

Now that said My Bee was that way off Lynch Road as was Justin's GTX. I just looked at my '66 HP2 that the hinges have never been off of and they are on normal size washers, so car lines and years may vary !

I think I covered where the majority go in my Bee restoration, that would have been around Fall 2018. I'll go look...

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne,was a toss up. Since he said he knew what # 6 was n said they were for hood hinges n no pic

Na, we're both screw ups as we should have been referring to #6 ! You had #5 twice.. I just followed the 5.. LOL
No problem , shi- happens. But I’m still not going to jump in the lake to get out of the rain.lol

Just found pictures of my car which the original owner had sent me a while back that i forgot i had and just noticed mine had the front bolt on the hood hinges with the larger washer & the 2 rears were smaller washers.

Just found pictures of my car which the original owner had sent me a while back that i forgot i had and just noticed mine had the front bolt on the hood hinges with the larger washer & the 2 rears were smaller washewrong section my bad Bob H

Auto Transport Service
Back