• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nut size for 66-70 B body gas pedal studs?

XP29

Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi, what is the correct nut size for the repo gas pedal from Summit for the 66-70 B bodies? My original nuts don't seem to fit, I didn't want to force them and mess the thread up.

I think the stock ones are 10-24, but if they don't fit.... just take your new pedal to your local hardware store & try the various nuts our for free....just a thought.

We are metric over here and the diy place in town has limited stock so no imperial nuts. The studs on both my original pedal and the new one measure 4/16" or 7/32" ish in diameter, do I need 10-24 for around this size? Sorry I know nothing about imperial sizes. The thread on my original pedal looks a lot finer, as in more threads in the length than the new one.

- - - Updated - - -

These are my old and new pedals to compare

4c4121e3f8b12f05bcf979702ed4ea31.jpg

Your new pedal looks like a U.S. 1/4 x 20 thread. Quite common here.

XP29: You're correct. I'm replacing my pedal and see the same situation. The original was a 1/4 x 28 but the replacement I bought is a 1/4 x 20 thread. The 1/4 refers to the diameter of the bolt shaft in inches and the second number is a U.S. measurement of threads per inch. This is such a common bolt & thread in the U.S. that I would "think" you can find the 1/4 x 20 nuts in the U.K.

I have emailed them, but just incase I don't hear back. What do I need to search for when looking for nuts? Will 10-24 have the fine thread as my original?

- - - Updated - - -

XP29: You're correct. I'm replacing my pedal and see the same situation. The original was a 1/4 x 28 but the replacement I bought is a 1/4 x 20 thread. The 1/4 refers to the diameter of the bolt shaft in inches and the second number is a U.S. measurement of threads per inch. This is such a common bolt & thread in the U.S. that I would "think" you can find the 1/4 x 20 nuts in the U.K.

ok, thanks for the reply. So I search for "1/4 X 20" ?

mine are all 1/4-28. and are keps nuts.

Is the 28 referring to a fine thread? I'm just trying to my head round the imperial nut's and bolts and the different threads.

28 is fine threads. 20 is a coarser thread & the one that will fit your new pedal.

Thanks guys, yes it would be handy if they included them! I was already ordering from Summit so got the pedal from there. I've seen them on US eBay that come with nuts, but they are getting on for $20 more!

$20 more? I sell them in my store for 15 cents each. Stainless steel for 40 cents. What a ripoff, extra $20 !!!!!

Thanks guys, yes it would be handy if they included them! I was already ordering from Summit so got the pedal from there. I've seen them on US eBay that come with nuts, but they are getting on for $20 more!

Sorry, it's less than 20, found one cheaper, still $12 extra for nuts. Their shipping to UK is very expensive (this might be where I was getting the extra cost over Summit) $55 for eBay one with nuts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Gas-P...ash=item43d6cf478c:g:HtoAAOSwk5FUyFv1&vxp=mtr

$43 for Summit without nuts

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mmp-ap25c

Didn't Imperial size fasteners originate from the UK? Maybe not in your town but would a larger city not have them?

Didn't Imperial size fasteners originate from the UK? Maybe not in your town but would a larger city not have them?

We were imperial, then the Europeans came over and beat us. Crafty little sods! Most things are metric here. Measurements are done metric except roads which are miles. Weights in shoos for fruit changed from lb's to grams a few years ago.

i had a mail back. They are 1/4 20 threads. I found some on eBay which are in their way.

I'm wondering where you guys got your reproduction pedals. I recently bought mine from Mega Parts. It came with the 1/4-28 keps nuts just like the original pedal had.
66-70 B body. Cost $50.00

Auto Transport Service
Back