• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Obtaining an unwanted skill. LOL

mmissile

Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
In 2021, my wife and I went to get her a new vehicle. We bought a Pacifica "S" model. It's that battleship gray color with the blackout treatment and 20" black wheels. It's a nice looking vehicle. When we were with the salesman, she asked if they had one with the red interior. The salesman told her the "Redline pkg" was 2020 deal.

Two years later, and my nephew forwards me a link...with all the seats from a "Redline". He had remembered us liking the red interior. So, short version.... I purchase the complete seats from a stow-n-go Pacifica. The seats appear to have been someplace dirty/dusty, but in otherwise great shape. Cool! The Redline option was 4K, and I got these really/dirty nice seats for 800.

So yesterday, a friend of mine and I decide to swap out the seats. UH OH. As we start, we realize that besides weighing a ton, these newly acquired seats are power units to stow, and my wife's aren't. Now comes the decision...just resell or swap out the bases? We decide to go ahead with this deal and swap bases. However, it's gonna turn into breaking-down the entire seats, [both sets] and reskinning my wife's frames. We are both bleeding and doing something we've never done. LOTS OF PIECES!!

Yesterday, we ended up finishing the two 3rd row seats, after 7 hours! This is not something I can bail on now, and we're heading out to the shop after breakfast....hoping we can knock-out the other 4. LOL, we'll see. The leather is gonna need to be washed and treated, but it's gonna look great, though. Oh well, off to breakfast and more bleeding. The stupid stuff I do.......

File photos....
1702128684285.png

1702131738031.png

1702127627186.png
1702127825722.png

1702127757695.png
1702127796809.png

Last edited:
Little late to mention it but you might have been better off to talk to an upholstery shop...
I had a local guy charge me $250 to swap out all the covers on my GFs CRV.... I supplied the new covers..

In 2021, my wife and I went to get her a new vehicle. We bought a Pacifica "S" model. It's that battleship gray color with the blackout treatment and 20" black wheels. It's a nice looking vehicle. When we were with the salesman, she asked if they had one with the red interior. The salesman told her the "Redline pkg" was 2020 deal.

Two years later, and my nephew forwards me a link...with all the seats from a "Redline". He had remembered us liking the red interior. So, short version.... I purchase the complete seats from a stow-n-go Pacifica. The seats appear to have been someplace dirty/dusty, but in otherwise great shape. Cool! The Redline option was 4K, and I got these really/dirty nice seats for 800.

So yesterday, a friend of mine and I decide to swap out the seats. UH OH. As we start, we realize that besides weighing a ton, these newly acquired seats are power units to stow, and my wife's aren't. Now comes the decision...just resell or swap out the bases? We decide to go ahead with this deal and swap bases. However, it's gonna turn into breaking-down the entire seats, [both sets] and reskinning my wife's frames. We are both bleeding and doing something we've never done. LOTS OF PIECES!!

Yesterday, we ended up finishing to two 3rd row seats, after 7 hours! This is not something I can bail on now, and we're heading out to the shop after breakfast....hoping we can knock-out the other 4. LOL, we'll see. The leather is gonna need to be washed and treated, but it's gonna look great, though. Oh well, off to breakfast and more bleeding. The stupid stuff I do.......

File photos....
View attachment 1570752
View attachment 1570767
View attachment 1570748View attachment 1570751

View attachment 1570749View attachment 1570750

View attachment 1570747
First 6 are the hardest.:lol:

Got the second row done today. It's amazing how many parts are different, between the power vs non-power frames. They look great. We'll do the fronts in the next couple days.....

Pacifica seats.jpg

Pacifica seats 2.jpg

Last edited:
It was freakin' cold today, so we went Hellcat shopping. Tomorrow will be warmer, and supposed to sunny. We'll finish then.

Little late to mention it but you might have been better off to talk to an upholstery shop...
I had a local guy charge me $250 to swap out all the covers on my GFs CRV.... I supplied the new covers..
This is a LOT more complicated than putting new covers on.

Auto Transport Service
Back