• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OEM Interior Companies

jobenz

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Looking for interior companies that reproduce oem style interiors. I have a 63 Savoy that needs an interior.

'63 Savoy may still be tough; I restored one about 12 years ago. Had to get NOS seat material & piping and have local trim shop sew up from its original pattern. Door cards I sent to Just Dashes, who doubled the price after they had them and took 15 months to do them; use someone else, I say. SMS in Oregon is one source, but Legendary is who I've used and they've always done excellent work. Nowadays everything is delayed, though: but given the interest in Max Wedge cars, maybe the availability of material has improved (reproduced). When I did my '64 Savoy, I actually found & used NOS seat covers from a place in Detroit, but they're no longer in business. Good sources for info/networking on Early Bs are Jim Kramer in PA and Joe Suchy, who's in the Southeast.

I'm trying to finish my '63 330. There is Nothing available for this year, and model. I piece mealed the whole package, and it was a nightmare. I bought the material from SMS, and had a local shop do the work, wasn't good, as the Owner got sick after I dropped it off, and the Son took over. I had to find someone to repair the New work, it turned out OK, but Not what I had hoped for. Had the door panels done at SMS, and that Really went south, as the first set I received back, after 3 years waiting, were defective, and had to be returned. 18 months later, I received the replacements, and will be installing in Spring when it warms up. Hoping and Praying they fit correctly. I'm not sure if Legendary has what you need, but for some reason, they seem to handle more Plymouth Options, than Dodge, for these years ? You may want to consider doing a A990 Superstock look, as those are more readily available. Good Luck with your project, Hope it goes well for you.

I just ordered 63 Polara interior (Cloth and vinyl for the front seat)
Not quite, cloth in one of my 63s is red with little stars or crosses, but new cloth is with out the silver crosses
I think the Plymouth has Moree options than the Dodge and SMS may have a better match for you
Mine was $900

When I restored my '64 Polara 500 convertible, I sourced everything from Legendary Interiors. I took my door cards and rear interior side pieces to Carlisle and left them with Legendary. When I got these back, they came from SMS. They looked brand new; even that chromey Mylar trim. I was very pleased with the work they did. I dealt with that guy near Detroit originally. He had some original Chrysler pieces and original seat material. He said he could exactly reproduce the seat pieces that were not available as Chrysler originals. Since he was only 1 1/2 hour drive from where I lived in Ontario, I went this route. When I picked them up, you could definitely tell the originals from his work, some of which he had sewn incorrectly. I eventually bought all the seat stuff from Legendary. Since my car was originally Anniversary Gold, it had a gold interior, that Legendary said was not being reproduced, and the material they would be using would be N.O.S. This effectively doubled the price of my interior, over the price of a basic black interior.

28.jpg

31.jpg

29.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back