• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OEM Resources

Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
I am new to this site. I just recently picked up 1968 Satellite that has a very good restoration from 318 CI to 400 CI with 4 speed. The car is close to be a cloned RoadRunner. I intend to continue the work. So I was wondering if there are resources available that show the correct placement of decals, emblems, sticker etc on the body so it appears close to Original as possible. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1587.JPG

That's a great looking car! I'm not much help on the decals but I can tell you those black inserts in the hood should be body color.

What I did on my 65 Coronet is tried to find pictures online and in magazines of as many low mileage survivor type cars that are the same as mine and then compare that with what I find from Year One and Classic Industries and other sources. By taking my time and doing research I have been able to pretty much locate all the information needed to place all my decals and such. Good luck :thumbsup:

Welcome to the jungle (from Uniontown)

What I did on my 65 Coronet is tried to find pictures online and in magazines of as many low mileage survivor type cars that are the same as mine and then compare that with what I find from Year One and Classic Industries and other sources. By taking my time and doing research I have been able to pretty much locate all the information needed to place all my decals and such. Good luck :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info. Kind of have been doing that. Just difficult to figure if sticker like bird on door and word roadrunner where exactly they are located. But will do my best to get it right.

Take your time, somebody will chime in.

The challenge you will face is these decals were not put on by a machine but by UAW workers who weren't known for paying close attention to detail. You can compare three cars side by side and get different measurements off all three. So usually the best you can get is where they are on someone's car, but that might be off a little, or a lot, from where they are on other cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back