• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ohio Turnpike Snowplow Incident

At least it slowed the traffic down. If the road needed to be cleared, why is everyone hauling ***.

The focker has union protection. That means he will be back on the job with a slap on the wrist..... and he will get all of his back pay.

My Brother in law retired from PennDOT and we were commenting on this yesterday. The guy was/is a complete moron and fully was aware what he was doing. He laughed when he heard "administrative leave", nice way of saying off on paid vacation. More likely he'll be routed to rural duty for the remainder of the season, taking out hundreds of mailboxes.
There is a huge shortage of CDL drivers, rest assured he'll be back. If Ohio is anything like Pa, 30-50% of drivers are seasonal hires for plowing season.

I've spent more than 25 years driving a snowplow, there is no way he did not know he was doing that. Totally intentional, what a douche bag.

The turnpike passes right by me.... the other day I got nailed at an intersection by a plow headed up the state route. (they always lift the plow a bit if they see you), literally a minute from the TP gate . I saw this story and figured it was probably this guy heading in to work..... since I'm in between where he's from and where that incident occured.

WOW, that’s some scary $hit. You just never know what’s about to happen. Here is the in-cab video of the driver….

upload_2022-1-30_8-35-26.gif

Seriously, thank God no one was killed.

Why the **** was he pushing snow to the left? You always push it to the right to the shoulder of the road. Thats government work for ya. I bet He piss`s into the wind and wonders why he`s wet

Why the **** was he pushing snow to the left? You always push it to the right to the shoulder of the road. Thats government work for ya. I bet He piss`s into the wind and wonders why he`s wet
He ( She??) knew exactly what he was doing........

Not defending the driver or what occurred but even clearing snow on a highway at the speeds that the plow driver has to maintain so she/he doesn’t get run over stuff like this happens.

While on vacation in winter in Denver a heavy snow storm popped up. A plow driver on the main expressway was in front of us by 20 car lengths. I know to stay back and the plow truck is in the left lane plowing to the right. At that distance away I see the plow driver head right towards the exit and left in front of our car was a 2’-3’ huge snow pile. What’s the options…. can’t stop…. grab the steering wheel and crash through it.

That’s when we quickly decided to hit a hotel in Colorado Springs for the night instead of going on to Denver where we had reservations. As it was we got one of the last motel rooms as it turned out the that “highway mountain pass” was just being closed down. Good choice on our part.

I worked at MODoT in the 70s. Whenever the plows were out there was a county cop who would always pull out in front of one of the drivers, watch him perform miracles avoid in a rash wnd then come into the shed and gloat.
The driver finally told the cop the next time would be the last as the cop would get buried in snow.
Well, the time came. The cop pulled in front of the plow driver.
He came into the shed laughing his *** off, pointing to the highway. There was the cop standing outside his car against the fence. That cop never came into our shed again.

Check out the second video at the 1:00 mark to see another incident on Sunday.
That happened to me only didn't break windshield. Just closed my eyes and boom. Wipers were able to push it off.

"Photos posted on Twitter showed a black pickup on top of the pileup."

By chance, was it on top of a smaller Asian built cars?

Auto Transport Service
Back