• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil Slinger Needed

66 Sat

Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the middle of changing my camshaft and when I pulled the timing cover off I noticed there was no oil slinger. The chain seems fine and I didn't have any leaks but I'd like to put one in before I put it all back together.
They are quite hard to get hold of - I can't get one locally, Summit are out of stock but I have bought one from Classic Industries (I think). The sale isn't finalized as I have to wait for them to calculate International Shipping (been waiting 2 days now..).
In the event that the sale falls through, has anyone got an old one laying around that they would sell me? Happy to pay $25 or so plus the shipping - it would just be a small padded envelope. I will probably start a WTB thread if Classic don't respond soon, but i just wanted to put out the feelers to see if anyone had a spare one.
I've been doing a fair bit of reading on them and there are a lot of people who say they aren't required with the modern seals but I would like to install one for peace of mind as I've read they also help lubricate the timing chain. Any help appreciated.

I always use them on my builds. Keeps excessive amounts of oil from splashing on the crankshaft seal and leaking. 440'

As close as your local Dodge dealer...

Mopar 2899530 for less than $12

I just refilled my stock and my dealer had 6 on the shelf.

OK thanks everyone, looks like I have plenty of options. I'll try Hughes if Classic don't respond and go from there.

Next time you need parts please start a wanted thread. Thanks

What if I only want information as I explained in my initial post?
"Where can I find a ..........." is a wanted thread. It starts the conversation about new, used, or repop. It's easier for others to find because it's in the parts wanted forum.

Hi all, I'm in the middle of changing my camshaft and when I pulled the timing cover off I noticed there was no oil slinger. The chain seems fine and I didn't have any leaks but I'd like to put one in before I put it all back together.
They are quite hard to get hold of - I can't get one locally, Summit are out of stock but I have bought one from Classic Industries (I think). The sale isn't finalized as I have to wait for them to calculate International Shipping (been waiting 2 days now..).
In the event that the sale falls through, has anyone got an old one laying around that they would sell me? Happy to pay $25 or so plus the shipping - it would just be a small padded envelope. I will probably start a WTB thread if Classic don't respond soon, but i just wanted to put out the feelers to see if anyone had a spare one.
I've been doing a fair bit of reading on them and there are a lot of people who say they aren't required with the modern seals but I would like to install one for peace of mind as I've read they also help lubricate the timing chain. Any help appreciated.
Try this, I've used their products for years.
http://store.440source.com/searchprods.asp

A tidbit on reproduction oil slingers--
Most of them aren't quite 100% the same as the originals, and they can rub on the cover, or the chain. So whatever you end up with, checking for clearance with a thorough mock-up is a good idea.

Thanks everyone, I've ordered one from Mancini and cancelled the order with Classic Industries (still no word from them re. shipping).
Cheers

Auto Transport Service
Back