• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil-thru pushrods

Mackman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
I'm working on a 440. Stock manifolds, 440 Stealth heads, Comp Cams XE262H-10 cam and lifters, Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum adjustable roller rockers. I need shorter pushrods- 9.100", which I ordered from Smith Bros. They came today, and unfortunately, are drilled for oil-thru. I saw posts here that they would drop my oil pressure. If so, is there anything I can do besides return them and order custom? With the Comp Cams lifters, do they indeed drop the oil pressure?

I'd run 'em and see what your oil pressure is like. You could put some restrictors in the oil passages to the heads if you haven't already assembled the motor. Or you could run a high volume pump. Or you could run thicker oil.

I'll tell you this though, if Smith's aren't at fault, sending them back for a rework will cost as much as a new set. This I know from experience !! The ends are pushed in with such force that they have to be cut off and new ends installed. They may not even be able to rework them since cutting the end(s) off shortens the rod and they may not be long enough new ends.

I'd run 'em and see what your oil pressure is like. You could put some restrictors in the oil passages to the heads if you haven't already assembled the motor. Or you could run a high volume pump. Or you could run thicker oil.

I'll tell you this though, if Smith's aren't at fault, sending them back for a rework will cost as much as a new set. This I know from experience !! The ends are pushed in with such force that they have to be cut off and new ends installed. They may not even be able to rework them since cutting the end(s) off shortens the rod and they may not be long enough new ends.
They were a stock item.

Auto Transport Service
Back