• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok Bring on the 4th gen Camaro hate

This new generation of Camero is the most awful looking design I have ever seen. It's my opinion I know but you will never be able to sway me in the direction of Generic Motors of Government Motors cars....:sideways tongue:. I'd rather drive a Fiat!!!!:headbang:

LOL! I remember the days back in the early-1980s when the 3rd gen Camaros, Firebirds, and Trans Ams first came out and OMG!!! "The World is over!"... "Pack it in, GM is finished"... "WTF were those idiots thinking!!!" It seemed like every street racing location had turned into a mourning area for Chevy and Pontiac guys. The thought of a non-Bandit Trans Am had the Pontiac guys contemplating suicide. Then comes the 1990s and the fourth generation and here we go again... "The World is over!"... "Pack it in, GM is finished"... "WTF were those idiots thinking!!!" :)

I suspect when the sixth gen car comes out we'll be hearing the same things said again.

i really like the F bodys, i just sold my 1998 ws6 to my dad, it was a great car and mean looking with the hood and the body curves. mine had a 6 speed and every option u could order it also had the borla exhaust i miss that car..i sold it to buy a 04 gto

- - - Updated - - -

1998 ws6 2.jpg1998 ws6.jpg1998 ws6 3.jpg1998 ws6 4.jpgws6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ws6 rear.jpg

i sold it to buy a 04 gto

No offense man, but too me you traded down a notch. I had a '01 T/A with the LS1 & 6 Speed and really enjoyed the car. Only downside was it really like to shell out power window motors and I didn't enjoy the the typical cracks in the plastic upper door panels. Still handled excellent, braked great and had real good power. Back then the car would eat up Foreign jobs, Mustangs & Cobra's like nothing. Mopar really didn't have anything new (besides a viper) that would even come close.

Since when did this turn into a freakin' camaro site. If you want to post pix of a chevy, go to a chevy site. This is for MOPARS.

Since when did this turn into a freakin' camaro site. If you want to post pix of a chevy, go to a chevy site. This is for MOPARS.

This is an "Off Topics" Forum. There are also plenty of other threads about "Non-Mopar" stuff like; Folks dying, Sears, Car TV shows, Bugs Bunny, peoples pets......Should all those folks go find a specific website for that? Nothing wrong with someone having a bit of pride in their ride, even if it isn't Mopar. If they were posting all over the website with Chevelle tech and GTO pictures...Yes, then bring on the lynch mob. But this is the general discussion, off-topic threads and If you don't like the thread topic, don't open it.

Don't like the thread, just don't click on the link. We need to bring back "if you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all".

This is an "OPEN" forum. Just like an Open Mic at a City Counsel meeting. Pretty much says it all don't ya think????

No offense man, but too me you traded down a notch. I had a '01 T/A with the LS1 & 6 Speed and really enjoyed the car. Only downside was it really like to shell out power window motors and I didn't enjoy the the typical cracks in the plastic upper door panels. Still handled excellent, braked great and had real good power. Back then the car would eat up Foreign jobs, Mustangs & Cobra's like nothing. Mopar really didn't have anything new (besides a viper) that would even come close.

What years were the Stealth Twin Turbos around (ummmmm I mean Mitsubishi...) Those had some serious wallop and I have to agree to go from a ram air WS6 to a GTO to me is trading down!

This is an "Off Topics" Forum. There are also plenty of other threads about "Non-Mopar" stuff like; Folks dying, Sears, Car TV shows, Bugs Bunny, peoples pets......Should all those folks go find a specific website for that? Nothing wrong with someone having a bit of pride in their ride, even if it isn't Mopar. If they were posting all over the website with Chevelle tech and GTO pictures...Yes, then bring on the lynch mob. But this is the general discussion, off-topic threads and If you don't like the thread topic, don't open it.

Exactly the point I would have made and thanks for doing it Prop! Too much on here lately of bashing on other members for the love of their cars! Obviously there on here because they have a B Body in their stable... beyond that who says you can only like Mopars

What years were the Stealth Twin Turbos around (ummmmm I mean Mitsubishi...) Those had some serious wallop and I have to agree to go from a ram air WS6 to a GTO to me is trading down!

But most of the 2006 GTOs had the 6.0 400 hp. engine and handled well. Plus not as cramped inside, so why is that trading down? And what's Mitsubishi got to do with it? The late model GTO is too expensive for me, but I wouldn't mind one.

Regarding the late model GTO, leave it to Cheby to replace an American icon with a god damn import. It was a better platform than the Camaro, but that doesn't always matter.

Well, they did import another GM product. Instead of importing from Canada (like the Camaro) or Mexico, they sourced from Australia. Which they continued to do after the GTO, calling it a Pontiac G8. And now, instead of a Pontiac, they're continuing to do so but with the Chevrolet SS name.

Meanwhile, Mopar continues to sell Challengers and Chrysler 300s that have a Mercedes platform....

But most of the 2006 GTOs had the 6.0 400 hp. engine and handled well. Plus not as cramped inside, so why is that trading down? And what's Mitsubishi got to do with it? The late model GTO is too expensive for me, but I wouldn't mind one.

To each his own Photon.. that era GTO did nothing for me personally and didn't the 04 he bought only come with the 5.7 LS1?

As far as what did Mitsubishi have to do with it the Stealth was a rebadged Mitsubishi 3000GT. It was imported and sold by Chrysler in North America as a Dodge Stealth captive import from the 1991 to 1996 model years with only minor detail/appearance differences; mechanically, the two cars were identical and was the result of the collaborative effort between Chrysler and its Japanese partner, Mitsubishi Motors

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they did import another GM product. Instead of importing from Canada (like the Camaro) or Mexico, they sourced from Australia. Which they continued to do after the GTO, calling it a Pontiac G8. And now, instead of a Pontiac, they're continuing to do so but with the Chevrolet SS name.

Meanwhile, Mopar continues to sell Challengers and Chrysler 300s that have a Mercedes platform....

Mentioning Australia though (and yes I completely agree that's where the GTO was spawned from the Holden division).... Some of those Holdens were baddass looking cars and love how they stuff V8's in everything!!

I,ve been snubbed by Chevy guys with my Dart and Coronet.Wasnt in the cliche. 10 Camaros and one Dart,guess who the outsider is. Oh well, theres not enough Mopars for everyone so I guess I can feel sorry for those who gotta settle.

so why is that trading down?

Well........1st off would be look, (only my opinion of course).

a.jpg

b.jpg

Second would be performance:

2004 Pontiac GTO
5.7L LS1 V8
350HP
Curb Weight 3725
Quarter Mile 13.62
0-60 5.3 Sec
Brakes 11.3/11.7" Vented
G-Force .80G
200 Watt Blaupunkt audio

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
5.7L LS1 V8
320HP
Curb Weight 3397
Quarter Mile 13.5
0-60 5.0 Sec
Brakes 11.9/12.0" Vented
G-Force .846G
500 Watt Monsoon audio

That's just right off motor trend, but a quick look anywhere else will typically show you that the 98-02 T/A is just a bit quicker, faster, lighter, better handling and has better/bigger brakes than the '04 GTO. Anyways, to each there own. I got nothing against the GTO. Not ripping on anyone or their ride. Just stating that myself, I would see it as a trade down.

To each his own Photon.. that era GTO did nothing for me personally and didn't the 04 he bought only come with the 5.7 LS1?

As far as what did Mitsubishi have to do with it the Stealth was a rebadged Mitsubishi 3000GT. It was imported and sold by Chrysler in North America as a Dodge Stealth captive import from the 1991 to 1996 model years with only minor detail/appearance differences; mechanically, the two cars were identical and was the result of the collaborative effort between Chrysler and its Japanese partner, Mitsubishi Motors

- - - Updated - - -
Sorry HYRDGOON, you're right, just the LS1 in the 2004 GTO. Still zippy. And still two doors.

And I got it wrong - of course I know that Mitsubishi made the Stealth. Mitsubishi made a lot of Chrysler products when Chrysler owned a chunk of them. But somehow I was confused and thought you were referring to the Mitsubishi GTO (which was what the 3000GT was called in it's home country). It's all clear now, thanks! :)

No hate here.... I owned a Camaro a few years ago... nice, fast car. (Now, if you posted Toyota, Honda, Datsun then my hate arrives). And yeah, I still call them DATSUNS......

yes Prop , you are correct , but the title of this thread is "OK bring the hate" , which sounds to me like the guy is inviting the hate comments , which is the only reason I replied in this thread with a little "Gaymaro , OOO LA LA"

LOL

Sorry HYRDGOON, you're right, just the LS1 in the 2004 GTO. Still zippy. And still two doors.

And I got it wrong - of course I know that Mitsubishi made the Stealth. Mitsubishi made a lot of Chrysler products when Chrysler owned a chunk of them. But somehow I was confused and thought you were referring to the Mitsubishi GTO (which was what the 3000GT was called in it's home country). It's all clear now, thanks! :)

No worries! easy to mix up when both cars have the same GTO monicker (Oh wait you mean the Ferrari?? sorry had to :)

I think we were both on the same page anyways, Cheers!

I'll back the GTO as a better car. IRS, higher quality interior, and what I consider understated body style vs the batmobile look of the TAs. TA/Camaros are better performance cars, but I'd prefer a GTO as a daily.

Auto Transport Service
Back