• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay, most people I know do it..what ya get yourself for Christmas?

mmissile

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
I generally buy myself something for Christmas. This year I bought an optic for my 7.62 carbine.
Elcan Specter DR. 1.5X6 power. It flips from 1.5 to 6 power, with lever on the lower-left side. Dual illuminated reticle[ranging and dot] and 5 illumination levels. These are used by our military snipers and special-ops units. Superb quality, and you could throw it across a parking-lot...and it'd still function. I have a couple other Elcan models. They're all super optics, made in Canada, with German glass.

2qd9w86.jpg

22nm39.jpg

6522s3.jpg

1z5i0kh.jpg

Last edited:
I don't buy myself anything for Christmas but do get a Christmas bonus and will sometimes buy something I need. This year I bought ball bearing drawer slides for my workbenche.. 32 pairs of them! Thank goodness for Ebay, what would have cost $500-600 only cost $140 and the quality looks amazingly good.

I got a set of seven Silvolite pistons that’d been sitting on a machine shop’s shelf for many years for a huge discount compared to new. Now I just need to buy a new one to complete the set.

This is the first year I didn't buy a car part !

Me either. Been buying them all-along for the `cuda.....so that don't count.

I'm the last one left in my family tree, so there's no one to exchange gifts to, so at the end of the year, in December time, i consider some small purchases, gifts to myself.
Got a coat rack to hang my stuff on, here in the house, a field jacket liner, a couple of different diameter flex Hones, 2 Mini Mag Light's, a mechanics creeper stool when I'm tinkering out in the garage.
And and excellent replacement drivers seat for my regular driver, (I know, I know, a 01 Accord) for only 15 bucks, at the local Pick-N-Pull, at the on sale price.
Gave out some gifts to my doctors & staff, and personal friends, and others, here, around my area.

Last edited:
I went all out for Christmas this year, at least that's how I substantiate spending way too much on the Cordoba, engine and driveline. What started off as a 'freshen-up', turned into a full rebuild with some long desired parts. I figured Christmas was coming.

Pictured are only 2 of the pieces I purchased. Edelbrock heads, eagle pistons and H-rods, Hughes cam-lifters-1.5 rockers, moly rings, rebuilt 727 & 3000 stall, TTi 1-7/8 polished headers, Strange chrome moly driveshaft with 1350 yokes.

upload_2018-12-25_13-15-31.png

upload_2018-12-25_13-16-13.png

I went all out for Christmas this year, at least that's how I substantiate spending way too much on the Cordoba, engine and driveline. What started off as a 'freshen-up', turned into a full rebuild with some long desired parts. I figured Christmas was coming.

Pictured are only 2 of the pieces I purchased. Edelbrock heads, eagle pistons and H-rods, Hughes cam-lifters-1.5 rockers, moly rings, rebuilt 727 & 3000 stall, TTi 1-7/8 polished headers, Strange chrome moly driveshaft with 1350 yokes.

View attachment 695666

View attachment 695667

HO HO HO LY SH?T .........Santa probably got a hernia at your house ....you must have been very, very good .. nice score

As a general rule I buy things that I need and not things that I want. The one big exception is the 1970 Super Bee that I bought in 2006.

New trans. mount, refurbished trunk finish panel,30 pack of Natural Light, 5 gals. 110 race fuel, Baileys Irish Cream for coffee. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL = HAPPINESS AND HEALTH IN 2019!

No money left over for me this year, bonus comes in March that’s all mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back