• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Newby

4vnut

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody, My name is Dee Bagwell from upstate S.C. and thought I would finally join after being on other sites long ago and wanted to just get back in the game since my son in law just bought a Hemi Cuda at Scottsdale last month. I have been coaching him on the fine arts in the Mopar field since he also drives a 2018 ZL1. Fast car that one is. Anyway I myself restored my 71 GTX from the ground up during it's 4 year rejuvenation. Finished it in the year 2000, drove it for about 3500 miles over an 8 year span then parked it in 2008. Got'er back out of the crip a couple of years ago and been fighting a lower radiator hose leak since then. 2 new hoses and still leaks. Cleaned rad nipple good and applied gasket shellac, still leaks. So it's still drooling in a bed pan that I provided as a courtesy for my shop's floor, and to save that green go H2o and pour it back in.
So that's a little about me and hope I can help when I can. Old carb rebuilder from way back hence 4vnut.
1971 GTX.png

Welcome to the site!!

Hi Cranky, I remember you! Bought an alum intake from you.
Been a lot of moons ago since I sold an intake to anybody!! Hope it worked for you ok.....

Been a lot of moons ago since I sold an intake to anybody!! Hope it worked for you ok.....
It's collecting dust in the shop with everything else. Health issues put me down for a few years so never got to use it.

Welcome to FBBO from snowy NorCal Sierras

Hi everybody, My name is Dee Bagwell from upstate S.C. and thought I would finally join after being on other sites long ago and wanted to just get back in the game since my son in law just bought a Hemi Cuda at Scottsdale last month. I have been coaching him on the fine arts in the Mopar field since he also drives a 2018 ZL1. Fast car that one is. Anyway I myself restored my 71 GTX from the ground up during it's 4 year rejuvenation. Finished it in the year 2000, drove it for about 3500 miles over an 8 year span then parked it in 2008. Got'er back out of the crip a couple of years ago and been fighting a lower radiator hose leak since then. 2 new hoses and still leaks. Cleaned rad nipple good and applied gasket shellac, still leaks. So it's still drooling in a bed pan that I provided as a courtesy for my shop's floor, and to save that green go H2o and pour it back in.
So that's a little about me and hope I can help when I can. Old carb rebuilder from way back hence 4vnut.View attachment 1428892
1678077125104.jpeg

Welcome from Missouri!! Nice car!!

It's collecting dust in the shop with everything else. Health issues put me down for a few years so never got to use it.
Sorry to hear that and hope things are better. Life in general got in the way then a divorce then some minor health issues and now I'm old lol.

Welcome from Alabama, that GTX is just waiting for more attention. Wishing you no more setbacks.

Welcome from the burbs of Chiraq!

Regarding your rad leak, could it be sneaking down from higher up?

Auto Transport Service
Back