• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old time Mopar Nut

rvl1

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Just joined BBodies Only today. Looking forward to chatting with a lot of you. Don't have enough time right to go into details now, but I am in the process of rebuilding a famous 1965 Altered Wheeelbase Plymouth that appeared in MOPAR magazine back in 2002 I believe. It was the personal car of Greg at SS/AFX called Arizona Sunset or nic-named 'Arizona Acid.' Maybe some of you older guys remember the car. It had and still does have air conditioning on the HEMI. The car is being redone to my preferences and very shortly I will submit some pictures that I think many of you will enjoy. Gotta go for now. Thanks!

Welcome to FBBO from Illinois!! Is this the one?

000000caa.jpg

Welcome from Missouri!!

Just joined BBodies Only today. Looking forward to chatting with a lot of you. Don't have enough time right to go into details now, but I am in the process of rebuilding a famous 1965 Altered Wheeelbase Plymouth that appeared in MOPAR magazine back in 2002 I believe. It was the personal car of Greg at SS/AFX called Arizona Sunset or nic-named 'Arizona Acid.' Maybe some of you older guys remember the car. It had and still does have air conditioning on the HEMI. The car is being redone to my preferences and very shortly I will submit some pictures that I think many of you will enjoy. Gotta go for now. Thanks!
Yes to the gentleman from Illinois. That's the car.

Welcome to FBBO
good luck with the AFX/AWB
very cool car

Old Mopar Nut here. Just an update on the 65 altered wheelbase car. Car is being completely redone but still retains the 555 cu. in. injected HEMI! Motor has been rebuilt with all new components including a little bit stronger cam. Tranny has been changed back to an original column shift 65 727 and built stronger to handle the new rebuilt motor. Rearend is still the Dana 60 with 4:10 posi unit. With the removal of the 16 point cage, all new floors were installed and a stock looking 4 point cage will be installed since car will not be used for drag racing purposes. Fiberglass components consist of hood, fenders, deck lid, front bumper, and two original fiberglass doors that I purchased some 12 years ago (off of an original race car for big bucks). The two front wheels are magnesium with the two spoke screw-on spinners off of the original Sites Bros. A990 race car. Rear wheels are also magnesium, 10” wide, and are brand new in the box, all mounted on Mickey Thompson tires. Car has received a new paint scheme in 2 tone, bright red and silver metallic (lot of flake). Interior is from Gary Ball designs which he had done a few years back.
New front windshield, new rear glass in smoke, and all new plexiglass side windows in smoke. That’s why the car still retains the air conditioning. Upcoming pictures will show the meticulous effort put into this restoration of a beautiful car. See you all later! Thanks for listening.

Auto Transport Service
Back