• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old time player new time poster

andysrunner

Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 71 roadrunner bench seat four speed sassy grass green 383. I built the engine myself about 15 years ago. It is .030 over with trw +22.5 dome slugs my dad had laying on shelf and 906 home ported heads. Cam is comp solid roller at .550 lift and 288 duration advertised. Intake closing is 70 degrees abdc. Poor choice of cam with such high (11.6) compression. Runs a 13.6 1/4 mile at 106 mph at 33* timing, street tires and 3.91 gears in an 8 3/4. I plan to build a new engine this winter either a 470 or 512 using a 400 block, and tf 240 heads. I recently this summer installed the 855 from Garret and fuss inc. sweet 5 speed and McCloud dual disc 800 hp clutch. I have been working on mopars with my dad since I was a kid and we have had this runner for nearly 30 years. I've been reading a lot of the forums on here for years and I've learned a lot from doing so. Thank you all for supporting my favorite hobby.

IMG_20220907_153539800.jpg

Welcome from western NY! Nice ride you got there!

Welcome from Missouri!! nice car!!

Welcome from PA!

I have a 70 Road Runner with a 383. I now have a 500 cubic inch stroker based off a 400 block so it will continue to look stock. Bottom line is I support the direction you are going!

Nice.

I like sassy grass/green go better than the seemingly more popular sublime/limelight.

Welcome! Nice build needs some C12 and about 8 degrees timing!!

Nice 71 RR

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Pasadena.......Texas! Had a 71 340 Cuda that was Sassy Grass. Had it for over 15 years and am still wondering why I sold it. Had several reasons but none of them were very good.

Auto Transport Service
Back