• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oldtimer Joins fBbO

Hello Everyone.... I created a Photo Gallery and posted a few pics, to bring this resto project up to date. Thank-you for all the help earlier. Keep'on Rock'n !!!

What color are you planning on painting her? I also have a 68 GTX that I've had for 43 years. Hi get the drill and respect what you're doing. Welcome to the site. Great place with lots of experts on many things.

i just saw your photo gallery. That snake skin green is a beautiful color and the black stripes compliment the color nicely. Nice job. Nice car!

Hey Oldtimer! Was gonna ask for more pics of the GTX and then I saw you made a gallery! That viper green is bad ***! I would love to see that video of the flowmasters in action... a good way to do that is to upload it to youtube and then post it here as a link!

Thanx GTX440.... I uploaded my GTX FlowMaster demo video to Youtube, shortly after updating this post. Actually , I created a new thread on the forum where I included my youtube link, but will repeat it here, just in case interested members don't make the car's connection with this, my original post.

https://youtu.be/mPG8PIhaCuo

That's one bad GTX you have there. I love the look and what I can see of the tricks. I hope mine turns out half as nice (well maybe 3/4). She's a beauty!

68 GTX 2015.jpg

Hello everyone. Some of you asked for me to keep the forum updated,
so this what the 1968 Plymouth GTX 440 looks like today. Many mods
have been made to the old girl. I may redo the hood, as it didn't turn
out as I had initially designed... but will do for now :VB toast:

She's definately a looker. And I bet a performer. As I said before I hope my GTX turns out 3/4 as nice as yours. Sweet ride. Thx for the updates.

Just buttoned up the engine after a few more upgrades. The old girl now features new EDE Easy-Street heads and EDE Series II valve covers. I had to move a few things around and open up the rad for increased air flow. Best guess, she's now sitting around 550hp. I might post a video on YouTube and create a link on FBBO. We'll see. Keep On Rock'n :)
IMG_0448.JPG

View attachment 265752

Hello everyone. Some of you asked for me to keep the forum updated,
so this what the 1968 Plymouth GTX 440 looks like today. Many mods
have been made to the old girl. I may redo the hood, as it didn't turn
out as I had initially designed... but will do for now :VB toast:

Love the colors and wheels. Looking real good. :thumbsup:

Welcome back! Looking good :thumbsup:

When you're on YouTube, click on "share" then "copy link". Then just paste it in your text on here.

Ok.. I did a quick walk around to illustrate how she's looking today. Here's the video link.
Keep On Rock'n :)

Ok.. I did a quick walk around to illustrate how she's looking today. Here's the video link.

Nice :thumbsup: cool music & I love that exterior paint color

I see you joined some 2+ years ago,
maybe post this in the general discussion forum
IMO there's a lot more viewership there, show it off there :thumbsup:

this is just the welcome wagon, mainly just for intros,
getting to know each other etc.,
not near as many viewers here, either...

GTX Looks great too...
I agree "The hood not so much", sorry not trying to insult you,
you said you may change it too...

Sweet GTX Old Timer I agree, redo the hood. A classic 6 pack hood would look mean on that GTX!!

No offense taken... I don't much like the hood either - but I'm kind of stuck with it for now. lol.

I found a couple of photos that show how it looked back in 1990 and again in 2010, illustrating
my (prototype design) - which I prefer to this day - over what was eventually built, contrary to
my original design :(

I was told, it would be difficult to build... I thought, 'Damn', and I then chose to settle for less.
I wished I could have found someone to build it, as I had envisioned it to be....... My mistake!

Bottom line, it's the least of my concerns - but I will address it eventually, should time permit.

Hood History.jpg

Hood History 2.jpg

If only, I had insisted the hood be built this way in the first place... I would now be closer to done.
Hummm, more bucks to get this mod done correctly. Ya gotta love this hobby :)

Now that's how you do a "walk around":thumbsup:

A lot of videos you see doing this, you need to take a couple Dramamines before watching.

When I get my ride together, I'm going to try what I've always been told about video cameras, you take pictures. Hit record... then pause. Move to the next shot, press record... then pause and so on.

By the way, you've done a great job on your car! Very nice
devils-horn-smiley-emoticon.gif

I agree. Many videos are brutal to watch, for a variety of reasons. I'm glad you liked mine. lol.

It was meant to be quick and simple. The capturing of the morphing beauty, within this paint job - was a bonus!

Had I really wanted to do this video correctly, first of all, I would have created a story board & selected an appropriate backdrop. Then, given suitable lighting and my day of choice, I would have used: a gyro stabilizer for a variety of motion shots; a tripod for all stills; plus reflectors and shades, to better achieve critical light balance. Only then, would my select media, have been further crafted together with (on topic) and appropriate audio dubs - into a video production, I think at day's end, would be a little more professional, than most video clips, we see posted today.

I jump out of many modern hip style videos, around the 5 second mark... due to poor content and/or techniques.

Sometimes, the KISS method, works best - for what many of us are trying to achieve.

That is kind of what I had in mind for this clip, and perhaps more importantly, I didn't want to stop or pause at any point, in fear of trashing Creedence on this forum... lol.

As always, I appreciate everyone's comments.

Again, I'm glad you liked it :)

Auto Transport Service
Back