• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Once an avid drag racer and now a prairie dog keeper and squirrel feeder

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
Yep.....the 'animal' type squirrels and my sister are looking for me! :D
Budi is chillin here in the pic and gets way too close for my comfort which is about 2 feet away. My sister on the other hand will never get that close ever again. And many 'has seen' or 'sawed' Sissy the crazy P dog.....btw, her cage is open for her and her 'sister' to free roam in at least that room but I let them run amok when I'm inside.

IMG_20210921_165140570.jpg 54(1).jpg

That’s a fat gopher!
Prairie dog.....different but yeah, she was pretty overweight when I got her as a rescue.....like twice the weight she should have been.

Prairie dog.....different but yeah, she was pretty overweight when I got her as a rescue.....like twice the weight she should have been.
Yeah right, Henchman #1. Rescues Prairie dogs and takes care of Gods little creatures.....:thumbsup: You're a good man!!

I just read it all. I guess there’s difference between richardson’s ground squirrels, gopher’s, and prairie dogs.

Either way yours looks cool and a little like a drunken jokester maybe. Lol

I just read it all. I guess there’s difference between richardson’s ground squirrels, gopher’s, and prairie dogs.

Oh I ain't drunk....yet....:D and the one licking the cage isn't either :D Btw, the one licking the cage is a prairie dog. :)

Hey , these little prairie dogs are very fortunate,to have someone care for them , more a specially someone like Cranky ! Takes a special Guy to reach out to those , big or small , who can not care for themselves and have someone take em in , and see to there needs ! Oh btw , Cranky , is quite and interesting Fellow to visit with and is a definite ben there and done it Guy ! Not trying to defame or damage his reputation, but one of the good guy on our site , along with many others,I’m sure !

Regardless I bet a cajun could make a good gumbo with either!!!
:rofl:

Are they cuddle type pets? I think it’s cool you rescue them
The crazy one in the pic above is a love muffin! When the weather is cool I'll put on a heavy work shirt, tuck it in and she's happy to go outside with me. And she's almost always ready to kick back with me in my easy chair. Her sister is not so much a love muffin but likes her rubs and scratches so long as I'm not holding her lol. It's pretty interesting how they sleep sometimes! These pics are all of the same crazy one but usually when she's in the chair with me, she'll lay on me for some pet time then she'll dive off to the side between me and the arm of the chair and tucks in. And their personality is something that was very surprising when I first got them. Some of them reminds me of some people I know....

IMG_20190714_135343633.jpg IMG_20190610_184742642.jpg IMG_20210629_164551474~2.jpg

The crazy one in the pic above is a love muffin! When the weather is cool I'll put on a heavy work shirt, tuck it in and she's happy to go outside with me. And she's almost always ready to kick back with me in my easy chair. Her sister is not so much a love muffin but likes her rubs and scratches so long as I'm not holding her lol. It's pretty interesting how they sleep sometimes! These pics are all of the same crazy one but usually when she's in the chair with me, she'll lay on me for some pet time then she'll dive off to the side between me and the arm of the chair and tucks in. And their personality is something that was very surprising when I first got them. Some of them reminds me of some people I know....

View attachment 1171197 View attachment 1171199 View attachment 1171200
They are the cutest little rascals!

Fattening them up for the winter :D (Or for pot pie)
20210923_160644.jpg

Might be a little hard to see but there's two on the swing eating kernels of corn and one on the ground catching leftovers. There were six out there this morning.

Pretty lucky P. dog, I grew up in ND and they were (are) considered vermin and shot by the hundreds (I have definitely shot hundreds).

Pretty lucky P. dog, I grew up in ND and they were (are) considered vermin and shot by the hundreds (I have definitely shot hundreds).
Domesticated livestock and dog towns don't mix. They say! Bison have never had a problem with them. I have always found them fascinating to watch in the wild.

Auto Transport Service
Back