• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

one break line oh no !

skillit

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
dads 66 coronet thinking near future front disc any one know conversion parts from newer models I can get at part store . bolt up ?

Break= broken, to destroy. Brake= To slow down, stopping motion. Just a FYI.

You'll need spindles and caliper brackets off a A body with disc brakes or a F/J/M/R body. The F/J/M/R spindles are a little taller but will still work.
Then you can buy bearings, seals, calipers, pads, rotors and hoses from whatever donor car you got the parts from.
This article should help you out.

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

Before you need any thing.. what do you have first... power drum... manual... sort it out from the pedal to the bleeder. Just did SSBC on my 67 coronet and stay away from it... the ram man for information at least the videos. The distribution block.... brake light switch..... adjustable proportion valve... 14" rims won't fit most setups... my car had an incomplete SSBC kit on it when I bought it and it is in a box now. I put a new SSBC kit on and figured out why they didn't mount the booster and master. With no miles on it now I may just scrap it. And have 1 1/2 Ssbc in boxes. For the right stuff kit and mancini booster and master. I just like to waste money

Auto Transport Service
Back