• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Piece Window For a '67

chrisd

Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket one piece side window available for a '67 Charger? I'm thinkng of removing the vent window.

I don't know how you would make that work as the car's window frame could be modified to work even if you could find the glass.
What is wrong with having vent windows? Most people really like them.

I've seen one piece window set ups for soe older cars before and I like the look. Besides, I've been told too many times I'm not like most people.

no one piece available that will work in a Charger...if you take out the vent window & frame, the front of the glass will not have a track to run in.

Bryan

I can't even imagine how it would be possible unless your pockets are REALLY DEEP!

Anything is possible,Hot Rodders do it all the the time.

It can be done, biggest thing would be having the glass made!!!$$$$$$ I have
seen numerous vent window delete kits for older 70-up Chevy truck to one piece side windows, I am sure to have the glass made your looking at over $2000.00

It can be done, biggest thing would be having the glass made!!!$$$$$$ I have
seen numerous vent window delete kits for older 70-up Chevy truck to one piece side windows, I am sure to have the glass made your looking at over $2000.00
In the mid 70's I had a laminated rear window cut for a pickup. It was tinted and I got rid of the millions of pieces problem should I ever break my rear window when loading something and accidently hit it. I do a lot of scrap hauling and the chance of breaking that thing is always a possibility.....anyways, it cost under 50 bucks back then. If I break the rear on window on my present truck, I'll do that again. Also, I wouldn't think that it would cost a ton of money to have a new track made. Might could even use part of the old track and add too it if needed. There's plenty of room in the door for this too.

Cranky, was it a flat piece of glass though? These windows are curved and I believe the cost lies in forming the contour and mold?

never mind

Last edited:
Cranky, was it a flat piece of glass though? These windows are curved and I believe the cost lies in forming the contour and mold?
Yeah, it was flat. There's not much curve on a 67 but there is some. Would Lexan be an option? Also, you might try this company and find out what they would charge. Just can't see it being in the thousands of dollars to do it but I've never tried it either....
http://www.e-bentglass.com/?gclid=CIHsmOXyvK4CFccGRQod5hX43Q

I really wasn't expecting a debate, just a yes, here it is, or no, been tried. Here's my thoughts: as far as the track and guts, they could be pieced together no real issues here. The glass- it does have a slight curve actually so slight maybe a straight piece would work? Maybe that's a stretch, I'll check the site out for their thoughts Cranky. The only parts that bother me as far as fabricating it myself are the chrome strip attached to the back end of the glass that seals against the back window. Guess I could remove that and attach it to another piece of glass. And, the front section of the door where the vent window frame was. It's a good size gap.Maybe thick weatherstripping or weld a small piece of metal in. I could be wrong, but that price sounds a little high for a piece of glass.

Auto Transport Service
Back