• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

order of window glass install on 70rr

TRAMO

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
I am installing the door glass and vent window and everything else into a 70rr doors that someone else removed i have my vent window and frame attached to the door glass what i need to know now in the order of install.in other words what will not go in after i install the door glass.can i put the regulator in before the glass? if anyone knows in good resource that would give me good info on door internals install please help.

They actually go in at the same time.PITA Assemble the two glasses then insert them into the door.I believe I would put the regulator in first,but it can go in later.Gravity is the enemy,unless you have helpers.

I put my vent window frame in first and then put the door glass in, it seemed to be a lot easier that way. I couldn't see how it would all go in the door if it was put together. But I guess it is up to you how you want to do it. Good Luck Ronnie

how did you slide the door glass in the vent window/front door window track after the vent window was already installed
I put my vent window frame in first and then put the door glass in, it seemed to be a lot easier that way. I couldn't see how it would all go in the door if it was put together. But I guess it is up to you how you want to do it. Good Luck Ronnie

The little rubber seal at the top of the rail is screwed on just remove it and the glass will slide in the rail. I put the new sliders in the front rails is why i took them apart to start with. I just don't think there is enough space for it all together to go in the door. Good Luck with them Ronnie

the little rubber seal at the top of the rail is screwed on just remove it and the glass will slide in the rail. I put the new sliders in the front rails is why i took them apart to start with. I just don't think there is enough space for it all together to go in the door. Good luck with them ronnie
thank you ronnie

Tramo, I wouldn't put the regulator in but have it ready because you'll need to install it so the window doesn't slid all the way down. That's what I did and you'll need a buddy and patience. Don't be like me and use your wife, you'll only piss her off when you start getting frusturated. Also make sure the brackets that the "fork" on the vent window assembly are loose it'll make not scratching your door that much easier.

Let me ask you guys something else. did you attache the the the fuzzy channel/guide liner to the front edge of the door glass at the same time as sliders or did you put the fuzzy liner into the channel/guide and then slid the window with sliders attached into the channel/guide.in other words does the fuzzy channel liner move up and down with the window or stay in the top of the channel/guide. i have heard both ways

The fuzzy weatherstrip attaches to the door window with those "H" clips. If you have new weatherstrips and didn't keep your old ones you should have kept them to use as templates. The new ones are not cut to fit and require trimming. When you put the weatherstrip on the glass there are two holes in the door glass which each clip goes you'll only need to punch holes through the plastic side of the weatherstrip, move the fuzzy part that is curled (looks like a U) out of the way before making those holes. The H clip with go in those holes and each post of the clip is covered with the weatherstrip so you won't see it when installed correctly. Hope my explanation helps would probably be much better with pics.

The fuzzy weatherstrip attaches to the door window with those "H" clips. If you have new weatherstrips and didn't keep your old ones you should have kept them to use as templates. The new ones are not cut to fit and require trimming. When you put the weatherstrip on the glass there are two holes in the door glass which each clip goes you'll only need to punch holes through the plastic side of the weatherstrip, move the fuzzy part that is curled (looks like a U) out of the way before making those holes. The H clip with go in those holes and each post of the clip is covered with the weatherstrip so you won't see it when installed correctly. Hope my explanation helps would probably be much better with pics.
Eagle covered it pretty good. Good luck with the install. Ronnie

Auto Transport Service
Back