• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Organisol locations on a 74 Charger

pioneer61

Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone here tell me which underhood areas were shot with Organisol on a 74 Charger hatdtop?
I'll assume front of rad support, but did the whole top of the cowl and undeside of hood receive this treatmemt?
I do not have the assembly manual to show the locations.

Not 100% sure but I think they didn’t use organosol for those areas. It was only used for the showy exterior areas. Most people use a satin finish black or their choice for the areas you’re talking about.
besides, you can’t find organosol anywhere anymore.

right...just want to blacken tbe areas the factory blackened.
My 72 has it on the rad support and on the corners of the cowl. The 74 I'm working on has the entire underside of the hood in black. Wanted to be sure that wasn't done by the factory before i go sanding it off.
Also wanted to know if the cowl area was blackened like on the 72.

I really don’t know 74’s all that well but the bottom of the hood is the same as exterior paint colour, no?
also the inner fenders were too. Here is a link to an original paint (I think) ’74. Maybe some pics here may help you decide what you’d like to do.
1974 Dodge Charger SE

Thanks for the link. What threw me off is a restored green one for sale that had the underside of the hood blackened. After a little bit of sanding, i'm 100% certain the underside of the hood was body color. Now...about that top of the cowl. Still wondering about that part.

None on top of the cowl. Only the front of the core support visible through the grille. I used SEM Trim black on mine.

Pics

IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back