• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE ORIG 68 GTX.. 440..4SPD..DANA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob R

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
After 44 years of ownership health forces me to sell my 68 Ply GTX..The car is numbers matching with a warranty block installed on June 12/68 by the purchasing dealership.I freshened the whole car front to back,everything on the car is new..front end..NOS steering box..torsion bars..all new electrical (year one) new gauges..brakes and lines..rad and heater core and heater box restored.Engine and trans is fresh with all new brgs,rollers,brass stop rings, speed gears all dressed in the trans,There are new brgs,clutches and steels in the Dana I put the orig.1967 date coded 4.10 ratio gear set back in.The engine is a pump gas 514 ci in wedge,Ross forged pistons..Molnar crank and rods with BBC big ends with arp 2000 bolts..billet main caps.. the lifter bores were indexed with a BHJ fixture and BHJ cast lifter bushings installed..a small 260@50 tight lash solid roller with Isky Red Zone lifters.140 wall chrome moly push rods..Indy EZ-1 cyl heads with all new valves,PAC 1224 springs..ti retainers..the cyl heads flow [email protected] Ign.is a MSD 7AL3 box The color is M55 Charcoal Gray Irid Metallic a one year only 1968 Imperial color.The car is fresh with 2 miles on it,I only took it around the block to make sure the trans is smooth and the car stops straight.There are no dings or dents or chips the car was appraised 3 years ago and is in 1.5 condition.The car only has 22 miles on it since the last appraisal was done.I have owners manual and appraisals going back to the 80's plus some of the orig parts that came with the car when I bought it in 1977. The fender tag and build sheet were lost at the body shop in 77,it did not bother me as I'm really not a numbers correct kind of guy,and at the time it was very obvious that the car was all correct and nobody was interested in that kind of info. at the time.This car has only the Very Best parts and paint that money could buy since I bought it in 1977,no expense was ever spared when it came to his car.It is like a brand new 1968 GTX...
I have some of the orig parts that came with the car...ie the jack manifolds dist, that kind of stuff.
The car is in Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada
No Dealers..No Trades..Keep your low ball offers to yourself.
The price is $68.000 US

Video walk around...

good.jpg

gtxfront.jpg

gtxpassside.jpg

gtxrear.jpg

frontlow.jpg

paint.jpg

under.jpg

under1.jpg

under2.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

More pictures...
I have 100's if you need something specific just ask.

engine1.jpg

block.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

rodspistons.jpg

IMG_1556[1].jpg

IMG_1601[1].jpg

IMG_1504[1].jpg

IMG_1510[1].jpg

IMG_1561[1].jpg

The car also comes with new in the box 3/8 fuel and vent lines..
and thanks for the kind words...

I forgot trunk pictures,the trunk mat is orig. from the factory...

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1736[1].jpg

I had to put new ex pipes on the car.The tight bends right off the collectors were causing the car to run hot.The EGT's went up 300 degrees with the first ex pipes.This car always ran cold,start ups took forever so much so the car has a block heater in it.In traffic on a 90 degree day it never goes over 190.Taking the car around the block it was 200 with the first set of pipes,in 45 years this car has never seen 200 that I can ever remember.So now it's back to it's normal 180 in traffic..

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1746[1].jpg

Another '68 GTX owner here, saying "what a gorgeous car you've built sir!"
I offer condolences on the imminent loss of your "friend" and wish the best on the sale.
May I ask what McLeod clutch you are using on the car?
I see it's B&B, but what size/part number, etc.?

moparedtn...
It's an 11" 360153P,I still have two new in the box.They are from the 70's with the .150 covers.I like the long style for the release but the B&B have a much stronger plate.I put my own pressures in them so I can fine tune them to the disk material.
I've never used this Mcleod disk before so I put in 1850 lbs static in this plate.The only thing you have to remember when using this style of clutch disk is to take the edges off each button so it does not chatter.Cuts the break in time to just a couple of heat cycles "50 miles"

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

Last edited:
Someone asked where the ign box was,it's in the glove box.The car comes with a new liner if and when the AL3 box gets moved or switched out to something smaller.

msdglovebox.jpg

Indexed and corrected lifter bores with cast bushings...

IMG_1105.jpg

moparedtn...
It's an 11" 360153P,I still have two new in the box.They are from the 70's with the .150 covers.I like the long style for the release but the B&B have a much stronger plate.I put my own pressures in them so I can fine tune them to the disk material.
I've never used this Mcleod disk before so I put in 1850 lbs static in this plate.The only thing you have to remember when using this style of clutch disk is to take the edges off each button so it does not chatter.Cuts the break in time to just a couple of heat cycles "50 miles"

View attachment 1346280

View attachment 1346282

View attachment 1346284
Apologies for not replying to you and thanking you for your answer, sir.
I know nothing of this clutch, however. Is it something ideal for a regular ol' street 440?

I think it would be the last clutch you ever bought if you had someone who could take some of the static pressure out of what ever pressure plate you were to use.
That disk gets grabby when it gets hot and in stop and go traffic would be a pain.
Now if you could get a pressure plate with 1900-2100 lbs static and you took all the sharp edges off the pucks on the disk it would be the last clutch you ever bought...

I've had some questions about the color of the engine in the GTX.It is the 1967 chry turquoise from the Rinshed-Mason,Ditzer and Dupont single stage formula mixed into base/clear.They were all the same formula.
This time around I mixed green pearl into the clear because I was tired of the plain old turquoise color.So now when you take a picture of the engine it looks light or even blue under the flash.
This is a picture of the engine without pearl and the clutch cover with pearl up close.
ditzerdupont.jpg
paint.jpg

I've been asked how an Indy 440-2 intake and a 4" air filter fit under a stock hood.The engine mounts and cross member have been modified.
There is no steering or header issues,everything looks stock.
underhood.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back