• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Owner 68 Charger Daily Driver

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Here's something you rarely see anymore. A 68 Charger that is still owned by the guy who bought it new, still parks it on the same street since he first brought it home. I remember my mom literally pulling me away from staring at it while going to my aunt and uncle's parties all through the 70's since they lived a few doors away from the owner. Living in a neighborhood surrounded by 4 door Buicks and Ford Station Wagons, this was a rolling piece of art by comparison. The dents are from decades of neighbors hitting it while parking on a tight one way street. As long as he can drive he wants to hold onto it, according to his wife. 318 automatic console car. I remember the original color being a light green metallic 40+ years ago.
20230210_104454.jpg
20230210_103708.jpg
20230210_103657.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Way cool, I applaud the dude for keeping it real all these years, and I wouldn’t sell it either. They’ll be time enough for counting, when the dealing’s done!

That's crazy. The man surely knows what he likes.

That’s my life story! Can’t blame the guy for driving a b-body everyday. We should all be so lucky.

My Father still has his 67 from 1970.
Once in a while I bug him that we should get it running. He's mad about the rusty quarter

I live in Bucks Co. in S.E. Pa. I love to see stuff like this, & to know it's around here somewhere is pretty neat. I also see around me, a well taken care of, UNRESTORED 70 R/T Charger. The guy who owns it now bought it from the original owner & has always taken care of it since new. It's a black 4speed car too!

I bought my 69 in Bucks county right at the beginning of the Covid outbreak.

I like the way the blacked out license plate looks like a parachute!
Mike

Too cool.

If he ever does sell it, I hope it never gets restored. EVER. Just leave it as it is, and treat it the same - DRIVE IT.

I have a friend that bought a 70 Charger R/T in September of 69.
Keeps it garaged. He use to drive it on weekends, until he had a stroke.
Still has the original plates with dealer frames.
Unfortunately he put Cragers on it.
So I’d need to look at the window decal or build sheet to see what it came with.

I really like this post, I keep coming back to it, its like the black ghost that never went away. I'm guessing that it's in a warm climate that never gets snow or salt on the roads?

Looks like its PA....so nope, just someone who knows how to hose off the underside of the car after winter.

I really like this post, I keep coming back to it, its like the black ghost that never went away. I'm guessing that it's in a warm climate that never gets snow or salt on the roads?
Southeast PA. Plenty of harsh winters and lots of salt since '68. I haven't been able to take a good look at it underneath, but it's definitely not a rust free car.

And maybe put oil in the usual trouble spots, including the trunk floor. Had a buddy do this with his GTX, and it held up after twelve winters. I did the same with Baby Blue in 1983. Both cars never restored. Dave owned his GTX until he passed in 2014, 45 years.

Bellefonte gtx.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back