• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Steel 15" Wheel?

SSing

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
In what different width did the production car 15" wheel come? (4,5" BP)
I looking to widen a say 4,5 or 5" wide wheel to get correct back spacing for my application.
What do you say?
Than you.

Though 5.5''factory may be possible, 6'' and 7'' was the normal for Chrysler's disc brake wheels usually found after 1967. There were some 8'' cop car style.Also early Ramcharger/Trailduster 4 1/2'' bolt pattern if I remember correctly.
There are companies that will do special wheels made to order though pricey. I've had wheels made thru Stockton Wheels.

Apparently cop rims are now produced in various width by Stockton and others.
But all the factory one's I've ever seen are 7 inch.
I run them on 4 cars and have spares.
Where there 8 inch?

Though 5.5''factory may be possible, 6'' and 7'' was the normal for Chrysler's disc brake wheels usually found after 1967. There were some 8'' cop car style.Also early Ramcharger/Trailduster 4 1/2'' bolt pattern if I remember correctly.
There are companies that will do special wheels made to order though pricey. I've had wheels made thru Stockton Wheels.

Thank you. Good to know about this company.

8'' . I called them cop car wheels but they were on the late 70's R/T Aspen and Volare' Road Runner .I believe the Aspen R/T Super Coupe and they were slotted like the cop wheels and had bolt in centers. Not sure the Road Runner of that era did but maybe.
I'm going from memory on the RamCharger/TrailDuster.

The 15 x 8 wheels ( look like cop wheels ) were Super Coupe wheels. They also made them in 15 x 7.
They also made 15 x 8 wheels , standard steel , for 75 thru 79 Dodge trucks , Ramchargers and Traildusters.

Frank

The attached photos are the 15x8 Ramcharger rims. They were on my Charger when I purchased it years ago. They have since been replaced with the correct 15x6 Hemi rims. I may resurrect the 15x8's on a future project (TBD). I like the Dog Dish hubcap look.

2019-01-14 12.58.19.jpg Charger As Is 1.jpg

Love the widened look. I just picked up another set of 15"X8" Ramcharger wheels with tire's for cheap.

20180819_174608.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back