• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Osborne '65 Satellite

Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! New to the forum and excited to connect with fellow Mopar enthusiasts. My dad Roland and I bought a '65 Satelite several years back at Chrysler at Carlisle and currently the project is underway to restoring it as it had rust issues. When dad passed away I was left to finish the project but couldn't remember what engine was in it. Can anyone give me an idea? The shop said it's a 429, but that's a Ford engine and not sure why they would think that. I think it's a 361 BB? Thanks for your help.

Coleman Osborne

Picture

Screenshot_20240218_200329_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240218_200506_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240218_200454_Messenger.jpg

Sorry Coleman, I can’t help ID your motor. I’m sure several members here can tell you what you have. Sorry for the loss of your Dad and good luck with your project
Welcome to the forum from Prescott, Arizona

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

take a good photo of the
'fender tag inside DS fender & the VIN on the dash'
post that up it will tell what the engine is
someone will decode it

it still could have a different engine than org.

or Take an even a better photo of the front/top of engine
maybe turn your phone 90*s for a wider photo
get a better & closer shot

It is a BB, the distributor is in the front (a SBM will have the dist. in the rear)
from the photo can't tell which BB,
it could be a 426 RB wedge,
or more than likely a low-deck B-series either a 383 B wedge or 361 B wedge
it looks to have a 22" wide radiator too
that are usually associated with the smaller 361 & 383 B engines too
all 3 engines were offered in 1965
it looks too narrow to be a 426 wedge, can't tell for sure
the 426 RB (any RB does) also have a lil' cast-in pad/ID
(the B-series low deck doesn't have that ID pad)
on the right front of the engine block, just in front of the intake manifold/valley pan
but hard to tell by the crapy photo

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, @Budnicks is correct, we need better pictures for sure, and the associated information would tell what it left the factory with.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Sorry about your dad. You said his name was Roland. As in Chrysler Power?

I enjoyed Chrysler Power, still have everyone I bought. In fact I have Mopar magazines going way back. Some Motor Trend etc from the 50’s up until now.

Welcome from another 65 Belvedere owner in NJ!

Auto Transport Service
Back