• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other movie and TV bloopers....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
Like @Kern Dog, I too like to find the bloopers on TV shows and movies and the one I saw today while taking a break was on a show called Castle (NYC detective show). The scene was of a dead woman laying on the floor with her head turned to the left and the eyes looking hard left. 9 minutes later another scene where they had the body on her right side checking out some cuts on her back and the camera showed her head leaning to the right and her eyes looking hard right. Kinda thought that once the body was relaxed (ie no life) the eyes wouldn't be looking one way or the other....let alone looking hard left or right and for sure not gonna move after death. Sometimes I wonder if the producers/directors do stuff like that to see if anyone will notice.

Like @Kern Dog, I too like to find the bloopers on TV shows and movies and the one I saw today while taking a break was on a show called Castle (NYC detective show). The scene was of a dead woman laying on the floor with her head turned to the left and the eyes looking hard left. 9 minutes later another scene where they had the body on her right side checking out some cuts on her back and the camera showed her head leaning to the right and her eyes looking hard right. Kinda thought that once the body was relaxed (ie no life) the eyes wouldn't be looking one way or the other....let alone looking hard left or right and for sure not gonna move after death. Sometimes I wonder if the producers/directors do stuff like that to see if anyone will notice.

That's called creative license. LOL

I might be misremembering, but I watched a pretty recent WW2 u-boat movie, had the guy from the Lincoln commercials.

Pretty sure I saw someone use a bic lighter in one scene

Usually they go out of their way to show "Zippo style" lighters being used in period pieces like that.

I have a field day with any present day material trying to portray the 1960s. Radial tires on period cars is a pet peeve, and that's if cars are even old enough to fit the time period. I went nuts when I saw a '57 Cadillac Eldorado Seville in a scene that was supposed to have taken place in 1953 in a Marilyn Monroe biopic. Mad Men was laden with bloopers with both car model years, and fashion anachronisms. The show was really bad with 1960s high heels. I have a photographic memory of the stuff my gorgeous teachers wore back in the day, and I can spot a 1980s or newer imitation a mile away. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood did a pretty good job with 1969, but the film blew it with a close up of a flat radial tire on the '66 Cadillac.

I like watching for clocks on the wall when the HGTV film a house being looked at for a rebuild.

Continuity is not some crew's strong point. :lol:

Fast and furious. The "Race" Looking at a laptop for that long in a 10 sec car? Lol. Vin saying "granny shifting and not double clutching?" How would he know. And "Double clutching?" What is this? 1946? If you double clutch in a 10 sec car? That's an attempt to control wheel spin. And if you're doing that? You already lost! (Unless of course a 4 wide pedal fest? Lol.)

I watch movies set in the past and look for giveaways that they didn't do their research.
Handheld cell phones in a 70s movie?

1 FPP.JPG

I look at the year model cars in those movies too. American Gangster (Denzel Washington) had a 70 or 71 Challenger on the road with Cragar wheels in a scene that was supposed to be mid 1960s.
Most movies get it pretty close to not matter.
Kiwi mentioned clocks. I also look for that in movies and TV shows but have rarely found a mistake. I've seen drinks on tables move, the amount of booze in a glass change, cigarettes that were almost to the filter somehow become 2" longer, cuffs folded under, hair looking different from scene to scene.

I have seen a few clocks jump around. A bad one was a local real estate program....poorly put together...continuity was shocking. Another thing with those real estate shows is when the Agent sits down in a pub or cafe with the potential buyers.....watch their drinks go up & down. :lol:

Just finished watching Batman Dark Knight with Heath Ledger......the part where Joker blows up the hospital was a famous blooper, but Heath Ledger kept up the act, and banged the trigger device. When he runs from the final collapse, it was out of genuine fear. The act looked so good it was kept in the movie.

Scenes deliberately dragged out for dramatic effect or suspense that are done so poorly as to be unbelievable make me want to throw things at the screen.

Case and point, The Terminator. I love the movie but can't stand the tanker chase scene towards the end. It has become laughable maybe because I've seen it so many times. Reminds me of this ....

Fiction, I get it but c'mon!

Scenes deliberately dragged out for dramatic effect or suspense that are done so poorly as to be unbelievable make me want to throw things at the screen.

Case and point, The Terminator. I love the movie but can't stand the tanker chase scene towards the end. It has become laughable maybe because I've seen it so many times. Reminds me of this ....

That clip is absolutely classic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fast and furious. The "Race" Looking at a laptop for that long in a 10 sec car? Lol. Vin saying "granny shifting and not double clutching?" How would he know. And "Double clutching?" What is this? 1946? If you double clutch in a 10 sec car? That's an attempt to control wheel spin. And if you're doing that? You already lost! (Unless of course a 4 wide pedal fest? Lol.)

The principal audience for the current F&F movie crowd is probably mostly young millennials and Gen Xers that drive automatic imports (if they drive at all) and don’t know a clutch from a brake rotor or how fast 10 seconds can go by while trying to watch a tach and make 3 manual shifts.

I only watch the Fast and Furious movies when they are free.
I did see the first one in the theater. Even then I felt it poorly represented real car guys and I'll readily admit that I knew some real dorks.
It has devolved into a complete joke of itself.
Modifed Pontiac Fiero used as a space ship? Really?
I can understand a stunt that pushes the bounds of physics and probability but how about the red import exotic that flew from one skyscraper to another THEN one more? It is so friggin impossible, it loses all credibility.

My son watched the first or second one ....not entirely sure. Paul Walker was in an orange import and with the black wheel standing 318 blown Charger. The last scene was a quarter mile drag race to the railway crossing.
That quarter mile was the longest '10 second' race I have ever seen......must have lasted a full minute - with glances by both drivers at each other.....redonculous.

Seems as though shows have gotten a little better to have period correct cars, though they’ll sometimes show the same ones in different scenes in different locations. Go figure, that same ’58 Imperial shows up all over town again and again. Older low-budget TV shows often used clips from other shows to fill in for other scenes. Mannix Cuda is a ’70 in one clip and a ’71 in another. Or scenes where they’re wearing different clothes. Read that Bonanza boys always wore the same outfits so that using fill clips from other episodes was easy.

My Plymouth too went back to new. But unlike Christine? I have to work on it. WTH! It doesn't self correct? I feel gipped!

My point. Maybe we ruin the "Fun" by being so critical and/or cynical?

20180823_115241.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back