• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our first mopar

Satellite383

Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
Hi all! My husband and I went to a mopar show a couple weeks ago. Thanks to fate, divine timing, or whatever you want to call it, we fell in love with a 70 Plymouth Satellite 383 4-bbl we saw was for sale as we were getting ready to leave. Long story short, we transferred the title today and we feel like little kids on Christmas morning!
I grew up going to the drag strip with my mom so we could watch my grandpa race his altered. There was just nothing cooler to me than being allowed to stand on the strip, getting as close to the cars as my mom would allow, right before the launch.

I can’t say if that’s the end goal with the Satellite. We had my grandpa take a look at it (he owns his own garage, very fitting) and once he said the engine and body were solid, we decided we will figure out the rest. Does it need some TLC? Sure. So does my 09 Altima lol. I think we’re just excited to get our hands dirty doing the work ourselves and learning as much as possible along the way.

90AA500A-BC3C-4385-8256-0A13F8EC36B7.jpeg
1CD181BF-9E63-41B3-9095-7559C8EB4360.jpeg

Welcome, and congrats on jumping in with a big block '70 as your first Mopar! Looks like you'll have fun with it, I see someone's already treated it to a road runner/GTX hood.

Welcome from Missouri!! Good for you, enjoy!!

Welcome from northern MI.

Awesome car and nice story. Sounds like the car got just as good of a deal out of it as you guys- getting back on the road!

Welcome aboard from Illinois!! That's a great way to begin your Mopar adventure. Best wishes to all three of you!

Congratulations on your find, it looks like a good, solid car. Welcome to the wonderful world of Mopars, and also to the FBBO site, glad to have you among us!

Welcome from the west coast. Your car reminds me of the yellow Taxi from Hotchkis. A more door 70 like yours.
1655684982302.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back