• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outlawing "Carolina Squat" in Virginia?

Big Bad Dad

Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
I hope they do outlaw this stupid modification on trucks. Headlights point to the sky, and the front of the hoods so high, they cannot see anywhere near the front of the vehicle. It has got to handle and steer terribly as well. I can see where it could have contributed to this terrible accident....... Plus, it just makes a truck look like a dog taking a dump...

https://www.wdbj7.com/2022/03/11/legislation-targeting-carolina-squat-advances-richmond/

There are some really stupid automotive trends out the BUT once legislations start, they'll continue until everyone is driving an autonomous electric cube in an unoffensive color. And that just leads to more trucker convoys protesting for "freedom" !!

Whatever...
Outlawing something cause you don't like how it looks is bullshit...

Outlawing something cause you don't like how it looks is bullshit...

You're on the wrong page dude, its not about the "look" its about the "safety". They could just as easily want to outlaw turbos despite the fact they usually aren't visible.

SV5w8LxgwLkjk6YG3xULKG.jpg

I dont think they should outlaw it, this doesn't mean I support the look... I'm pretty sure the guys that are compelled to do this have extra chromosomes, an extremely low IQ, or their parents are siblings. Possibly all of the above.

Any law about what someone does or doesn't do to their own property is bullshit. Worried about safety? Stay home.

Whistlin diesel has taken matters into his own hands. Its only a matter of time until they are all in jars.

Seen a few around here, but it's called bulldog around Savannah, Georgia. Usually a teen to lower 20s person (age & IQ).
Georgia_Mascot_Dies_F_Albe.max-640x480.jpg

Additionally, L-O-U-D exhaust like no mufflers.

Most I see have "bulls" balls hanging off the trailer hitch.... Probably for the trailer they live in....

You're on the wrong page dude, its not about the "look" its about the "safety". They could just as easily want to outlaw turbos despite the fact they usually aren't visible.
Oh, I get it…They claim their motivation is safety to hide their ulterior motives… it’s mostly what the police and politicians do when they want to get away with something…
They claim it’s about for safety but in reality they simply do not like the way that it looks and they do not like the type of people who would do that to their vehicles… The same thing with loud exhaust and darkly tinted windows…And to be honest a ton of other things unrelated to vehicles…

Maybe I will just agree with them about the Carolina squat…
Really who wants to tell me what kind of idiot would have the front of their car or truck jacked up higher than the back?

upload_2022-3-11_8-47-40.jpeg

It's pretty simple to me:
Do whatever you want to your car or truck.
If you drive it on public roads you should comply with safety regulations.

So your saying there may no longer be "squatter's rights".

But seriously if you can't see the road in front of you it shouldn't be driven on a public road.
You can't let stupid people endanger the public.
We have alot of good folks driving on the highways.

Do they not have vehicle inspections in these states??:realcrazy:

The same thing with loud exhaust and darkly tinted windows…And to be honest a ton of other things unrelated to vehicles…

Are you trying to say darkly tinted windows aren't a safety hazard ?!?!?

Loud pipes save lives - that's why I don't "watch" for motorcycles. If I hit them its their own damn fault for not having loud pipes !!

I am with you guys that don't like new laws about vehicle modifications. BUT, these damn things are a hazard. Did you read the article link? An innocent family was in a head on crash, and the father was killed by one of these trucks. Have you ever driven a heavy loaded truck with the tail drooping on a narrow mountain road? Why in the world would you want to have to drive one like that empty??? And the ones running around here seem to usually be accelerating wide open from every stop.

Do they not have vehicle inspections in these states??:realcrazy:
As far as I know, our state inspection manual does address rear bumper heights, but not this squatted condition. When I was a teenager, it was common for people to have their rear bumper heights measured by the cops when pulled over. (This was in the 1970's, and we all had wide tires and air shocks...)

it was common for people to have their rear bumper heights measured by the cops when pulled over.

In those days cops weren't afraid to get out of their vehicles !! And nowadays their all tied up with domestic disturbances.

Is this a Navy vs Clemson thing?

Here in MO we have laws about having properly aimed headlights. There are also laws about bumper heights, mufflers and obstructed vision.

If loud pipes save lives they would be pointing forward.

Auto Transport Service
Back