• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OUTRAGE!! Mopar collectors guide wrong!

You all crack me up. Should try being an A body guy. Even if you tell people it has a 340 they say. "O you got the small motor". LOL

You all crack me up. Should try being an A body guy. Even if you tell people it has a 340 they say. "O you got the small motor". LOL

Theres alot of the Chit tude runnin around.

"OH, sorry to hear you have that smog pice of crap 360 in there. HEY! I have a great idea, why don't you trash it and build a real engine like a 440?! I happen to be selling one for 8 Grand!"

Don't blow my cover burnt! :grin:

Your secret is safe with me Alley.

Theres alot of the Chit tude runnin around.

"OH, sorry to hear you have that smog pice of crap 360 in there. HEY! I have a great idea, why don't you trash it and build a real engine like a 440?! I happen to be selling one for 8 Grand!"

My fav so far was the two old guys at Dairy Queen. One asked why I put them hood scoops on a grandma economy car.

I personally enjoyed the article on the 75 RR. It did me good to see one in the spot light. I didn't agree with every thing that the editor had to say though. I disagree about it being the best restored 75 RR. But I commend him for the comment about the the dedication it takes to restore one of the cars. You can't just open up a catalog and start ordering parts. Hunting NOS and restoring good used are your only options.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 380
One thing the later B's have is superior handling, and ride comfort, compared to their olders sister cars.

I think the 75-79's get bad reviews because of the now dated formal look styling. Back then the look of "personal luxury" was everywhere. For example, here's a lowly Pinto transformed into the "elegant" Mercury Bobcat. The 75's were merely a product of their time. The styling just hasn't aged as gracefully as other muscle car designs. The styling combined with the low compression engines just made the cars symbolic of the end of the muscle car era. Now it's merely a bookend to the end of the first wave of Detroit performance.
Really, the only drawback was the anemic lack of power from emissions-choked engines. The cars rode & handled well. My Road Runner & Cordoba were used for very different reasons. The Cordobas, Montes & Cutlass Supremes were all the "ride in style" vehicle of the day. My date was very comfortable in my doba, with "Night Fever" on the radio. And I, or anybody with cujones, wouldn't be caught dead going out on a date with a Bobcat/Pinto.. with a vinyl roof, yet.. LOL !

i use to buy the magazine 2 years in advance. this is the 2nd year i stopped buying it.
same ol **** in there, too much politics and when i saw the bashing with jeff johnson and charlie blakanship fight at the cc event. i quit subscribing. dont miss it one bit.
it has gone down hill .

I had one of those lowly 72 Pinto's back in the 70's and I loved that poor lil car. It looked like every other one on the road but open the hood and the engine bay was crammed full with a 302. After her untimely demise I bought my first 77 Charger SE and never looked back.

I think the 75-79's get bad reviews because of the now dated formal look styling. Back then the look of "personal luxury" was everywhere. For example, here's a lowly Pinto transformed into the "elegant" Mercury Bobcat. The 75's were merely a product of their time. The styling just hasn't aged as gracefully as other muscle car designs. The styling combined with the low compression engines just made the cars symbolic of the end of the muscle car era. Now it's merely a bookend to the end of the first wave of Detroit performance.

Auto Transport Service
Back