• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oval shape rubber firewall plug

Redsportfury

Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
I'm missing a kind of oval shape rubber plug on the upper center firewall in the engine compartment of my 1964 Plymouth Fury. I've looked at ads for several suppliers of plugs but don't see any in that size and shape. Anyone know where I can get one?

I'm missing a kind of oval shape rubber plug on the upper center firewall in the engine compartment of my 1964 Plymouth Fury. I've looked at ads for several suppliers of plugs but don't see any in that size and shape. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks Guys! I found it thanks to your suggestions!
i love this forum!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks 65 Hemi. That's the one!

I am not sure my 65 belvedere 1 ever had one. ???? The one that goes to the cowl area? Steve

Yep, It's a way for the area behind the firewall in the bottom of the cowl area to drain and stay clean. Lots of them are missing on the cars I see and it's no big deal. Over the years leaves and dirt will get in there and if it's not cleaned out occasionally it will eventually rust out. If I remember correctly the grommet that fits in the oval space is actually a kind of flapper door. They are available on Ebay too.

There are two. The one on the passenger side is a flap. The one in the center is a plug...

Attachments

• DSCN1555.jpg
    DSCN1555.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 180
The one on the passenger side is a flap to close off hot engine air, but also that allows rain water falling into the louvers at the windshield base to flow out of the heating and venting system in the cowl. That is the one that gets full of leaf crud.

Auto Transport Service
Back