• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Package Tray Install & Rear Glass Install

dryheat

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
I ordered a nice new package tray from Classic Industries. The pre-punched holes for the two attachment clips are in the wrong spot which isn't a big deal.

My big question is do I need to install the tray before or after I install the rear glass?

I ordered a nice new package tray from Classic Industries. The pre-punched holes for the two attachment clips are in the wrong spot which isn't a big deal.

My big question is do I need to install the tray before or after I install the rear glass?
I have a 67 B body, and the package tray was installed after the glass was installed. I don't think that a package tray is a critical component to have a perfect fit, and yes the speaker perforations line up just fine.

Last edited:
Gus, 66 & 67 a bit different than '65 and back. I dont think he was talking about the speaker holes. Still should go in and out with the glass installed, IDB.

Gus, 66 & 67 a bit different than '65 and back. I dont think he was talking about the speaker holes.
No, i just threw that in about the speaker holes. I just mentioned that because whomever made the PT did a good job. I didn't see where he mentioned the year of car.

No. The package tray does not interfere with the back glass on a 65 anyway. Think I had to remove the seat back and some trim to install the tray. I would say back glass then package tray.

Package tray can go in after the glass. Especially if you’re going to use a gasket sealant for the window - it can get messy and you don’t want to get that stuff on the package tray.

On a 69 roadrunner the package tray goes in after installing the rear glass. It makes it easier with the bottom inner plastic trim installation.

On a 69 roadrunner the package tray goes in after installing the rear glass. It makes it easier with the bottom inner plastic trim installation.
I'm assuming its the same or similar on a 70. Do you know if the package tray holds the bottom trim piece in place? i see a grove under the ribbing. does the trim go up, and then the tray slides into the notch to hold it in place?

What year do you have?

(More than likely all the above answers are correct.)

My '63 sedan went in after the glass...

I'm assuming its the same or similar on a 70. Do you know if the package tray holds the bottom trim piece in place? i see a grove under the ribbing. does the trim go up, and then the tray slides into the notch to hold it in place?
I put the trim on my package try and installed them both at the same time...70 Satellite...

As for the 65 the back glass is first and then the package tray...

I had to put the trim piece on the package tray then install. It was a difficult fit and it helped a lot when I warmed up the plastic trim piece with a heat gun as I installed.

Two members with the same question but two different years, in a 1962 - 1965 forum.

tumblr_nveoktCQ9l1udh5n8o1_400.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back