• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint removal on plastic bezels

HitIt

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Hello-
I'm looking to see if there is a good way to strip paint off a plastic gauge cluster bezel. Is there a chemical stripper that is safe for plastic?

This 62 Plymouth bezel has some intricate & delicate patterns in it that make removal by scotch brite not possible. It's been painted a few times and the detail is starting to get lost.

Thanks!!

OOh, I think I would be careful with that oven cleaner, I am going to try and soda blast mine on a low setting, I have done plastic pieces before and they turned out great.

Thanks for the advice, I am a little scared of the oven cleaner too. Soda blasting would be great but I don't have the equipment for that.

Joe- I wish! This is a part from my brother's 62 Belvedere that he assigned to me. He is turning it into a full on Gasser style hot rod. It's gonna be pretty pretty wicked.

Thanks for the advice, I am a little scared of the oven cleaner too. Soda blasting would be great but I don't have the equipment for that.

Joe- I wish! This is a part from my brother's 62 Belvedere that he assigned to me. He is turning it into a full on Gasser style hot rod. It's gonna be pretty pretty wicked.

Wow for a minute I thought you made a trade.

That should be a pretty nice project. Hopefully you'll post some pics.

I have used orange citrus paint remover from home depot on interior plastic to remove interior dye. Took it right off with no softening or damage to the plastic.

Auto Transport Service
Back