• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PAINT ?? What is Factory ?

OldRunner

Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
I am trying to confirm if all 68 B-Bodies left the factory with a Blacked Out front panel around the Radiator. I am told all cars got this black paint sprayed on over the Body Colour at the end of the line. Just want to make sure before I paint over my Red Rad Cradle.
Thanks

Don't have any substantiating documents, but i'm pretty sure all cars got blackout treatment except for black and dark blue cars.

i would agree. if it were me, i would paint it..there was a thread here where someone showed a pic of a factory blackout and where it started and ended on the core support.

My 69 Charger was a factory red car and it still had all the original paint under the hood and core area and it had a flat black that was on the front of the core support and behind headlight buckets and it was not applied very "clean" looked like a drunken sailor had grabbed a spray bomb and went to town!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back